Sites won't load with AdGuard

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Rok, May 7, 2014.

1. Rok

Rok Beta Tester

[Resolved] Sites won't load with Adguard

Hi, after lots of research, i found Adguard the best option to disable web ads, and thus made a switch from AdMuncher that i used for almost two years. However, i've to disable Adguard after 2 days of usage. The reason being, when it's (Adguard) is running, none of the sites that i browse would load.

My current browser Chrome keep displaying 'waiting for response,' (for example inbox.com). And, if i disable Adguard, all the sites loads instantly.

Please note, i have not added anything extra, the program was installed and run on default Adguard settings and extensions that it comes with 'browser extension' and 'pop up blocker.'

Can you help me configuring it for better work and performance.

Thanks,

Regards

Please see, my post number 9 for the solution: http://forum.adguard.com/showthread...oad-with-Adguard&p=27335&viewfull=1#post27335

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Okay...

First off what Windows OS and antivirus/security software are you running? Second, what websites are you visiting? Third you might want to try running Adguard in debug mode and post the logs. Assuming you're using Windows 7 and above they're located under C:\ProgramData\Adguard\Logs\agent and C:\ProgramData\Adguard\Logs\service - you can start Adguard in debug mode by looking in the start menu Adguard folder or on the start screen by searching for Adguard.

3. Rok

Rok Beta Tester

1. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 with Norton 360, and latest Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m.
    2. it's not any particular website, but any website that i visit are not loading, for example "inbox.com, forum.adguard.com extc." when the Adguard ad block filters are on. I'm able to response you on this fourm "only" disabling Adguard ad blocker filters.

Before writing it to you, i've spent three hours to set the Adguard right, but no luck. Even after trying every possible settings in the Adguard program, all the websites continue to fail loading with Adguard ad blocker filters on. And, comes up instantly after the ad blocker filter is disabled.
    3. Re debug mode, i'll write back, when i restart the Adguard in debug mode.

I've tried using the attachments links under the post compilation windows, but it says 'invalid file' when the upload button was clicked. So, i've uploaded a .RAR file of the Adguard logs on mediafire, here:
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rm7l6m771caj8un/Adguard_Rok_log_07052014231920-2014-05-07.rar
    I hope this will help you troubleshooting the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  4. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Hi Rok i see you have come to visit these forums, im only just getting online and not for long either, but you are in good hands with Boo Berry.

It does seem a little strange that adguard is not working on chrome, only thing i can think of are maybe a vpn/proxy not working or maybe the security certificate is not getting installed properly Boo or maybe its being blocked by a program?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Just thoguht chrome extensions do you have any installed?

5. Boo Berry

I'm thinking it's an incompatibility too, but I haven't had too much time to look at the logs yet. Next a few more questions;

1. Do you still have IE installed? If so as a test, you can try to see if filtering works correctly in IE (or another browser if you choose to). If filtering does work in other browsers, I'd say something was messing with Chrome (e.g. an extension). If not, something is messing with Adguard's filtering system-wide.
    2. Have you tried enabling the Extended interface in Adguard's settings window? If you do go to the Settings section > Network and try checking "Use WFP network driver" then reboot your PC. See if that makes any difference.
    3. Are you using some sort of VPN/proxy service?

6. Rok

Rok Beta Tester

Hi, thanks for reply, i've already tried it in IE11, Opera 12 and Opera 20.x but the same thing, the sites won't load, when the adguard filtering is on. As for Chrome extensions, i have only enabled IDM integration module, and Popup my Bookmarks.
    2. The Adguard is running on default setting and has WFP enabled.
    3. No. i'm not using VPN/proxy atm.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  7. Boo Berry

Odd, I thought by default the TDI driver was enabled. Anyways try unchecking the WFP driver and rebooting.

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi all!

It may be the same issue Accel has with rating.adguard.com connectivity (Web of trust check).

Disable Adguard's Assistant in "Settings - Extensions" and check the sites load again.

9. Rok

Rok Beta Tester

Sorry for taking so much time to reply, it's because I wanted to write only after I'm satisfied. Actually, since yesterday evening, I've been more in to the Adugard troubleshooting. Yesterday, I spent 3 hours trying almost every option / setting in Adguard by turning all the settings off and then turning them on one at a time. When I turned off some options says for example Adguard assistant, some sites begun to load, but only for a few minutes and then stuck again.

Today again, I spent about 1 hrs changing the default setting back and forth, but no luck. Finally, when there was nothing left in the Adguard to change, I did make a change that I wanted to do yesterday at first, but avoided to save me a minute of booting my laptop and getting back to Adguard. Presto, the moment, I unchecked and rebooted, all the sites begin loading.

The culprit here was WFP network driver. Now with it disabled, I'm browsing for almost an hour with no issues, except some lagging.

These 4 hours have made me well aware of every part of Adguard now.

I'll write back, if anything notice further.

Hi thanks for all your help. I had already disabled WFP about an hour back, and, the net is back to life again.

PS: Where is TDI driver setting located ?

I just saw your signature, where can I test Adguard 5.10.1084.5545 Beta?

At first, when I disabled Adguard assistant, some sites begun to load for a minute only. The culprit turned out to be WFP.

Thanks all for replies and help.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  10. Boo Berry

It's automatically enabled when the WFP driver setting is unchecked.

My guess for the cause of this issue; WFP driver incompatibility with Norton 360. I forgot to ask, is there any other security software installed besides Norton 360?

11. Rok

Rok Beta Tester

Yes, it was WFP driver that was blocking the sites. I've written that in my one above report. No, I'm note using any other security software in active mode, except Norton 360.

I just saw your signature, where can I test Adguard 5.10.1084.5545 Beta?

12. Boo Berry

I'll note that for avatar so the devs can check out that incompatibility. :)

You can apply to become a beta tester by reading this topic.