Slow internet speed when adguard enabled

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by aone123, Feb 11, 2018.

1. aone123

aone123 New Member

I got around 15 Mbps download speed when adguard is enabled but when I disabled adguard I got 100 Mbps download speed.

Does adguard slow internet down?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@aone123 This is abnormal. How did you test the dl speed? Does the result depend on the browser? What if you disable all filters but leave the protection on?

3. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

Just paid for Lifetime Pro for PC and android (had no issue on trial), since a few updated ago my Windows 10+Edge lags, it does not effect download speed but the page acts up on certain sites like E-Bay will not let me copy (drag over text on the page to copy it or and the page lags the mouse pointer jumps around if I try to move it, disabling AG fixes it.

Happens on a few sites but I will need try note them down next time if you need more info.

Also disappointed YT can no longer be blocked on Android in Oreo as that was main reason I went with AG, unlike many user I read about here it does still block YT ads in Windows same as many Apps can.

4. vasily_bagirov

Wasn't able to reproduce it. What filters are enabled in your AdGuard settings? What versions of AG and Edge do you have exactly?

Sadly. There are some workarounds, but no clean solution (at least yet).

5. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

Windows 10 Fall updated to latest KB via WU.

How do I get you a log of my settings from AG?

6. vasily_bagirov

@jh30uk the easiest way is to send a message to support and include a "diagnostic report". It is basically a text file that conains info about your AdGuard settings and some system parameters. You will receive an automatic email reply with your helpdesk ID, which you can post here so we can find your ticket.

7. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

Done, thanks.

8. vasily_bagirov

@jh30uk what about the helpdesk ID? Otherwise we won't be able to find your ticket.

9. jh30uk

jh30uk New Member

helpdesk ID is: 1759772