slow loading pages

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Phonemes, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

I wonder if somebody can help me with a longstanding issue I am having with Adguard, namely the browser (Firefox) hanging on many pages. I get this often with blogspot pages, but it may happen anywhere. On blogspot.com, I often get status bar messages like "waiting for 1.bp.blogspot" or "waiting for 3.bp.blogspot". Typically these pages never finish loading until I refresh them multiple times. I am sure this is due to Adguard. Slow pages like these often load instantly as soon as I disable Adguard. This is true even when I disable Adguard while a page is hanging.

Thank you.

2. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

How many filters do you have active and which ones?

3. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

User, English, German and Dutch filters. EasyList Dutch and Fanboy's annoyances. I have disabled "activate the most appropriate filters automatically", because this led to too many active filter lists.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Need to know more about you configuration.

What are your: OS, main browser, antivirus/firewall?

5. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

Hi Avatar,

Windows 7 64 bit, Firefox, F-Secure, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes (realtime scanning).

Thank you

6. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

My first guess would be it's some sort of conflict with Malwarebytes' real-time scanning of IP addresses.

7. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

OK, I'll disable Malwarebytes for the time being and see what happens. Will report back in a few days.

8. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

Well, I ran without Malwarebytes for several weeks and the problem persists. I've also disabled Firefox addons like Blur (what used to be DoNotTrackMe) and Self-Destructing Cookies, but nothing helps. This is becoming a major pain. As I explained in my initial post, pages just keep refusing to load and it takes several refreshes before they finish loading. If I run with Adguard disabled, everything runs smoothly. More telling still: if I have a page which refuses to load with Adguard enabled, it usually loads as soon as I disable Adguard with no need to refresh. Another strange thing I have just discovered: If I close Adguard this way, because a page doesn't load, and I close Firefox after this and want to start the browser again after restarting Adguard, Firefox doesn't load at all until I close Adguard. The program is becoming nearly impossible to use for me in this way, so I hope any of you have some ideas of what might be amiss.

Thank you.

9. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We've tried testing it with Malwarebytes and F-Secure but can't reproduce this issue.

We could try remote access so I can see what's wrong with my own eyes.
    If you ok with it just send me a PM.

Single reason for both: there're still some open connections processed by FF. The only question is why are these connections open.

I suspect a compatibility issue here.

10. MC Fat Tongue

MC Fat Tongue New Member

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me chipping in, I just thought I'd mention that I use "Mawarebytes anti-malware" and "Malwarebytes anti-exploit" along with Adguard and have no problems. I have however as a precaution set exclusions in "Malwarebytes anti-malware" for adguard.

Regards.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  11. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Me Too,

I use Malwarebytes AM as well along with Adguard, no problems here with slowdowns, I don't use MWB's Anti Exploit

12. Phonemes

Phonemes Member

Thank you, guys. It's clear now that Malwarebytes is not the culprit here. I'll PM Avatar and hope he'll be able to spot the problem remotely.