[Solved] Impossible to change password

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by LennartB, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LennartB

LennartB New Member

Hi,

I am afraid my AdGuard account password may be compromised and I'd like to change it. However, it is impossible: when I try to change it, I am told below the Current Password field that "This value should be the user's current password." I am talking about the website.
    Maybe I created a bad type of password by including some forbidden symbols and now it won't let me change it? Is there a guideline for what types of password are allowed? What set of symbols and how many?

Please check if something can be done.

I will just mention that I secured my AdGuard license key for now until I can make sure my account is secure again.

Thanks,
    Lenny

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@LennartB

Hello!

Use the "Lost the password?" function:
    [​IMG]

The requirement is - 8 symbols. Also, check if your account has been pwned.

3. LennartB

LennartB New Member

Thank you for providing a working solution and for the pwned link. I was able to proceed with the password change this way. This thread can be now archived.
    One suggestion for AdGuard team is to consider modernizing the system, as 8-symbol passwords are generally weak.

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

That's just the minimum character requirement for a password. I actually have a password of 300 characters for my account on the main site. And it works fine.