[Solved] Impossible to change password

LennartB

Hi,

I am afraid my AdGuard account password may be compromised and I'd like to change it. However, it is impossible: when I try to change it, I am told below the Current Password field that "This value should be the user's current password." I am talking about the website.
Maybe I created a bad type of password by including some forbidden symbols and now it won't let me change it? Is there a guideline for what types of password are allowed? What set of symbols and how many?

Please check if something can be done.

I will just mention that I secured my AdGuard license key for now until I can make sure my account is secure again.

Thanks,
Lenny

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@LennartB

Hello!

Use the "Lost the password?" function:

The requirement is - 8 symbols. Also, check if your account has been pwned.

LennartB

@LennartB

Hello!

Use the "Lost the password?" function:

The requirement is - 8 symbols. Also, check if your account has been pwned.
Thank you for providing a working solution and for the pwned link. I was able to proceed with the password change this way. This thread can be now archived.
One suggestion for AdGuard team is to consider modernizing the system, as 8-symbol passwords are generally weak.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That's just the minimum character requirement for a password. I actually have a password of 300 characters for my account on the main site. And it works fine.