[SOLVED] Windows 7: AdGuard for Windows cannot be started/installed - d3dcompiler_47.dll is missing

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Anonymer-User, May 16, 2017.

1. Anonymer-User

Anonymer-User New Member

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit and suddenly I neither can start, nor can I install, uninstall or update AdGuard anymore (regardless if latest stable release or beta), everytime I try to start or install it, I get a message saying that AdGuard can't be installed due to a missing d3dcompiler_47.dll file ?!
    Please help!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

That's strange, I didn't know Adguard required DirectX.

Got a screenshot of the error?

3. Anonymer-User

Anonymer-User New Member

[​IMG]

It's german saying: setup.exe - system error: The application cannot be started, because D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing on this computer. Install the application again, to solve the problem.

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

5. Anonymer-User

Anonymer-User New Member

I have already done that - 'standard uninstall', should I try 'advanced uninstall'?

6. vasily_bagirov

7. Anonymer-User

Anonymer-User New Member

I found the resolution / fix for my problem! (KB4019990) :) - it installs the missing D3DCompiler_47.dll file (version 6.3.9600.18611) in the corresponding system folder
    (System32 - Filesize: 4.1 MB / SysWOW64 - Filesize: 3.39 MB).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...tallation-is-blocked-on-windows-7-windows-ser
    It affects only Windows 7, NOT Windows 8/8.1 or 10.

For all others who have the same problem, here the direct links for the KB4019990 Microsoft patch:

Meanwhile I'm quite sure the reason why this problem occured was the installation of the new Unigine 3D Benchmark 'Superposition'. https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

While I had this problem before I fixed it, I was not only not able to start or (re-)install AdGuard, but I also was not able to start the installed Garmin update application (Garmin Express) for my car navigation by the way.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. vasily_bagirov

@Anonymer-User thanks for the detailed update, glad you solved the issue.

9. axanh

axanh New Member

encounter this problem too .. now solved thanks