Some sites display a blank page.

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by streetwolf, Mar 12, 2015.

1. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I don't get it, guys.

myretirement.sanofi-aventis.us certificate is expired so we add an exception for this site, browser should handle sites with expired certificate.

rbmc.org - can't reproduce it, site works fine. @streetwold, is there any way to reproduce the blank-page issue?

2. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

1. The problems with the sanofi site are all sorted out, at least for now. Instead of having .x files for it in my SSL folder I now have a .cer and .pvk file. How this happened I have no idea. Also, there were a few sites I had to put in the HTTPS exclusion list that for reasons unknown I can now remove them and the site works without getting any sort of SSL message. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same problems suddenly appear. Fingers crossed that they don't.

2. As far as the rbmc.org issue goes I still get a blank page UNLESS I change the site from HTTP to HTTPS. I also tried adding the site to my User filter to allow it and all that did was produce a favicon on the tab where before it was blank. The page is still blank however. The only suggestion I can make to try and shoot this 'bug' is to TeamViewer to my system so you can actually see what is happening.

3. avatar

Let's do it then. PM me when you're ready.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

So, my guess is that there's a conflict with Malwarebytes.

We'll check it in the same configuration:
    MB + Firefox Nightly + Adguard

4. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

FYI... Completely uninstalled MalewareBytes and still have the same problem with rbmc.org. Keep in mind that https:\\rbmc.org works fine as does rbmc.org if I disable AG for Windows.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

When it rains it pours. This site also produces a blank page although I sometimes get a 'connection was reset message'. With AG for Windows disabled it works all the time. It might not be the same thing as my RBMC.org problem.

http://www.howtogeek.com/174705/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-your-winsxs-folder-on-windows-7-or-8/

The site also works fine if I disable just the WFP driver and use the TDI filter. Same thing for RBMC.org.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  5. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Narrowed down the problem to Windows Defender. I had to put firefox.exe in WD's exclude list. Now the page displays with the WFP driver. Very strange IMO.

6. avatar

Great, thank you for this research!

I've seen similar issues with Windows Defender (and Microsoft Essentials als) WFP driver.
    The problem is that we both use WFP drivers and in some rare cases TCP packets order may be broken.

Although I don't know what exactly happens inside their driver and why does it break FF only.