SONOS stopped working

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi,

My SONOS controller app on my Android Tab 4 won't work when Adguard is enabled. It works again when I disable Adguard. I even tried disabling all filters in Adguard, it still fails. Using V 1.1.811

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!

We need full app log to check what's the problem.

Could you please do the following:
1. Switch "Logging level" to "Record everything" in Adguard's advanced settings
2. Reproduce the issue
3. Switch "Logging level" back to default
4. Send us a message from the app (select "Send feedback" in the app menu).
5. Post ticket ID here

steve1209

Beta Tester
I didn't get a ticket ID but info was sent with description of Sono's problem

Edit:

Just got it
Ticket ID: XUE-435-12029
Subject: [Adguard for Android] Custom
Department: English-speaking Support
Type: Issue
Priority: Normal

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It seems that Sonos is not compatible with how Android VPN works.

The problem is that in Android when VPN is enabled it restricts ALL incoming connections.
Also it seems that Sonos work relies on incoming connections.

Android devs do not want to fix this, for some reason they think that it's not a bug but feature.

Possible workaround: you can use Proxy mode. If you have ROOT access it is rather simple.
If not you'll have to setup proxy settings for each Wi-Fi connection you use.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi Avatar,

Thanks for looking into this much appreciated! I don't have root, so can you explain in a little more detail how to set up a proxy for my Wi-Fi connection, I'm not sure of the procedure or steps, it would most likely only be for my home Wi-Fi since I seldom travel with my tablet!

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for looking into this much appreciated! I don't have root, so can you explain in a little more detail how to set up a proxy for my Wi-Fi connection, I'm not sure of the procedure or steps, it would most likely only be for my home Wi-Fi since I seldom travel with my tablet!
We have detailed instruction in the FAQ section of the app ("how to setup proxy manually").

In a few words:
Switch filtering mode and proxy setup mode in Adguard's advanced settings, then open your Wi-Fi settings and set proxy to host=127.0.0.1 and port=8080

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I meant the FAQ that is inside the app (tap help icon in apps action bar).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steve, hi again!

We've just released new beta version of Adguard - 1.1.818.
In this version we've excluded local network from VPN filtering so now your Sonos issue should be fixed.

Could you please check Adguard in VPN mode with Sonos?

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hey Andrey,

I installed 818 today, I dropped back from HTTP filtering to VPN and I can confirm Sonos is working just fine with VPN. I'm still hopping for a fix for the NBC App (I know you are looking at it), I'm going to try it again, see if anything changed there! Oh BTW Sonos was working just fine with HTTP but now it works on VPN as well!