Splunk Enterprise / and Others that use OUR big data generated

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Gass, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Gass

Gass Member

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise.html

In other words serve you more ads from your data trails...

My question is to Adguard's Team your able to stop the ads (most generally) but what about the data trails we leave behind. These companies (more growing everyday) are making a living knowing to much about our everyday lives, so can Adguard help us out and stop - prevent - disable the technics being used against us?

Please

Thank you,
    Gass

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is what Stealth Mode, and, to some extent, Spyware filter are for.

3. Gass

Gass Member

Stealth Mode is for advanced users and those who are not and try to make some settings - can render some sites non-accessible and on top maybe become more tracked with wrong or not any setting of SM.

Maybe a section is needed just for Stealth Mode (SETTINGS) in the forums for questions, reports, advice and knowledge sought and given in one place like that of Filter Rules has, since Stealth Mode is powerful and can be misunderstood very easy.

Also maybe as needed a one special forums department for each module of Adguard covering all platforms again like Filter Rules cover all in one place? Only suggestions here, as Adguard is of one mode install and run - then one of a whole different mode of how to set it up beneficial to the general (inexperienced) user with all it's modules parts and their proper settings.
    Thanks,
    Gass :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  4. vasily_bagirov

True, to some extent. We do not enable the most 'problematic' Stealth Mode options by default anyway. So if you, say, decided to enable Stealth Mode during the first-time launch, and never touched it again since, chances are you will not have any troubles with it.

It will be justified if Adguard at some point evolves into a considerably more heavy tool than it is now, with much more options in each of the modules. I do not see it just yet.

EDIT: grammar

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  5. Gass

Gass Member

I see your point Vasily, but as Adguard with version 6.0 and Stealth Mode was added it has to me become a considerably more heavy tool to understand. I as many others are not as advanced as you are, where adaptation to modification your able and can sprint to the finish line in an understanding.
    Many like me are still crawling with our learning of Adguard - yet another update comes and we're never able to gain that of a full understanding as a total comprehension of Adguard.

If not here on the forums then a WIKI page to explain Adguard settings and options in depth (A thru Z) details, and of course without disclosing Adguard's trade secrets - just label those areas like "sensitive" and we'll understand, this way one can understand more than just the basic settings or gain an insight there if they don't understand anything setting wise in Adguard and maybe grow in to a beta tester for Adguard and offer it an important input. As well to utilize Adguard in it's full capacity, and have a true value for it and of their license.

Gass

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  6. vasily_bagirov

@Gass
    One of our priorities with Adguard is making it both highly customizeable and able to function as an 'install and forget' tool. Some users will be 100% satisfied with the default setup and will not have any need to change any settings. Some will - and for them there is forum to ask any questions.

As an addition to my answer I have to mention that we are currently working on a redesign for our knowledgebase, which has to become more complete and 'catchall'. Many questions will be answered there, and for the rest you can always create a forum thread.

I do not think we need any more division within our forum system. This doesn't mean, of course, there will never be any.

Gass likes this.
  7. Gass

Gass Member

Here's some more that want to use OUR big data generated digital trials

Here's one that wants you the web surfer to trust it to share only what you say is OK, just what if their collecting more about you then they say and they get Hacked which does happen!

Gass

8. Gass

Gass Member

@ Vasily No argument there :)

When one considers that Windows OS is like that, customizable and yet able to function as an install and forget it after it's setup.
    Very few Win users there - left any settings in their defaults, yes the actual comparison my be apples to oranges but,
    the concept remains the same "people like to tinker with setting" to make something their own or just work better for them.

I'm glad that Adguard has such options too - I just wished I could understand it's settings a little more for other than an educated
    guess at some (to do that one needs the education and this comes from information), so I guess I as many others will be welcoming
    the redesigned knowledgebase for our information and education.

Please don't take me wrong the Adguard forums is a great offering and resource. As so one is able to learn here but,
    I compare it to like understanding one sentence line of a paragraph in a hundred page chapter.
    In ones learning ability to advance in knowledge. It leads to a slow review of the overall subject.
    Gass

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016