STart up error gone - but now always popup to allow changing proxie settings

ami1963

Hi,
i updates to lastest adguard on Mac Big Sur, SIP disabled. No VPN, only LULU for network traffic check.
Now the startup error "adgurad doesnt work" - but works after enable it manual is gone . great.
But now, every boot up an new pop upwindow asks to get permission / allow that adguard can change proxie settings.
That happems all time after boot. Doenst remember the allow last boot.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 08.14.10.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-23 um 08.14.37.jpg

ami1963

Hi because no hint, answer for the prob i added screenshoots about the problem.
1. always an popup asks for "Adguard want to add proxy configurations - allow / dont allow"
Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-07 um 07.12.02.jpg
---- i allowed, but need to allow every reboot! :(

2. cant see any changes in the proxy settings before i allow and after i allowed.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-07 um 07.19.32.jpgBildschirmfoto 2021-11-07 um 07.20.28.jpg

I see that the network adguard does show up after i press allow in that popup. Before only ETH and LULU to see in the left network section.
pic shows before i press allow.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-07 um 07.19.07.jpg

ami1963

Think its same prob as with the start up error thread before the newer app.
(There was - every startup - an error message window poped up "Adguard start failed" and the i must enable Adguard manuel.)
Now we have no error message window but an system window to allow changing proxie - also very startup.
Hope the devs get that fixed.

Gevor

I am running AG 2.6.1.1053 nightly on Monterey and have the same issue. Before I was running AG in automatic proxy mode and didn't have this issue. But as soon as I switched to network extension I started having this prompt pop up every time I boot up the machine.
I am using Lulu as my firewall.

jvi

I have the same issue... Everytime I reboot, AdGuard asks me about allowing it to add a proxy configuration... Not a blocking issue but a bit annoying and not sure about why it can't add itself once or why the configuration is lost after a reboot.

@Chinaski, I remember seeing another thread where you were suggesting to switch to the PAC network mode, but that sounds more like a workaround and it might actually disable filtering for some apps?

Is there a more official way to "fix" this?

ami1963

Hi, interesting because some seems to have the prob of asking for allow proxy config EVERY REBOOT, like you.
Fore me its "only" every 3. to 5. reboot. That why i asked here that it cant be an general prob (in my case) more an timing prob of starting up the adguard processes. What i found out is, that it doenst matter if i disable LULU or not.
PS: I changed the SIP from disabled to enabled and now the prob is less often, about only very 5 to 8. reboot.e

jvi

I've also suspected other software like Little Snitch or NextDNS to interfere but it's not the case. I am not 100% sure, but this annoyance really appeared with Monterey.