Startup Error

Gevor

Hello, it worked again after a while, but the same error for a few days. Is there already a solution?
I tried contacting support a few times and every time they asked to provide logs, which I did. Haven't heard back from them.

I suspect that this issue occurs due to a third-party firewall. In my case it's Lulu. Are you running any firewalls?

ami1963

Yes i run Lulu.
But the great question is WHY is sometimes (for me each 2-3 starts of 10) adguard gets working - without error & activate it manual.
Some kind of timing problem when adguard trys to communicate with its network driver?

One workaround (code change) could be that adguard trys more than one time to get active. Means in case of error:
wait a second or two and try again to activate - if also error then message window error (like now).

atari800

I removed LULU, disable BitDefender, deinstalled, reinstalled. Same problem.
EDIT - I turned off AUTOMATICALLY FILTER APPLICATIONS and it works now

Last edited:

ami1963

For me NOT (turned off AUTOMATICALLY FILTER APPLICATIONS) also if this is torned off Safari didnt block any adds! USELESS OPTION..
Today i updated latest Nightly (Big SUR 10.5.2) - STARTUP ERROR stays (1-3 cold boots woork without error, most boot times error = must enable Adguard manually with the adguard menue- then ist works ...

EDIT: as i said / thinked in my before posts: If adguard would ALWAYS (in 10 of 10 boots) getting this startup error message something would be wrong with my system / adguard install.
BUT if in 1-3 of 10 boots Adguard NOT FAIL - it must have to do with adguard startup procedure (perhaps cant connect to network extension, some error at try connect network extension... FAIL).
Would be great if the DEVs would perhaps try to solve this problem!
First step: Devs try to do some things (after startup process produces an error ) again - after perhaps some time of about 1 sec - before showing that startup error message! Only if error happens again - after 1 sec wait time & try again - show known error message.
I did reset setting many times, didnt help.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all!

We released a beta version not too long ago, I think it makes sense to check if the issue with the app launching on startup will recur.

Gevor

Hi all!

We released a beta version not too long ago, I think it makes sense to check if the issue with the app launching on startup will recur.
Adguard 2.6.0.1022 nightly (CL-1.8.183, DNS-1.6.36) still getting this error. I finally figured out that there's some sort of conflict with Mullvad VPN. I sometimes get the same error when I turn on the VPN.

Also I get no internet connection when Adguard DNS and Mullvad VPN are turned on at the same time.

So this all could be Mullvad's fault.