Still no support for Opera Neon?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Tribulatio, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tribulatio

Tribulatio New Member

Currently testing AdGuard. I have noticed that it does not seem to have any control over Opera Neon. I have seen that there had been a few threads on the topic on this forum, including one a year ago stating that support for Opera Neon would come with the next update, but this is apparently not yet the case.
    What are the prospects for Opera Neon support?

2. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

Just tried Opera Neon on t-online.de and I don't see any ads on AdGuard for Windows.

Are you talking about Extension?

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. Tribulatio

Tribulatio New Member

Thanks to both for your comments.

I confirm that I visited several websites using Neon Opera, and I saw ads on each of them (external ads, not the websites' own).

I am using AdGuard for Mac: I do not know if this may have an impact, since Blaz mentioned that he was on Windows.

Being new to AdGuard, I don't have the background knowledge of both of you: btu maybe somebody on Mac could test and let us know if he has the same experience as mine?

I have AdGuard app activated on my Mac, with all main options enabled.

I have tested half a dozen other browsers; for all of them—except for Opera Neon—AdGuard seems to work fine. I have seen that there are several threads in Russian about Opera Neon, but unfortunately I do not speak Russian, and I do not know if similar experiences are reported.

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I'll look in a few mins to see if Opera Neon is added to the Mac filtered apps list.

6. Tribulatio

Tribulatio New Member

Any news about that?

7. Boo Berry

Yep.

Opera Neon currently isn't in AG for Mac's default filtered applications list. You can, however, manually add Opera Neon to the Filtered Applications list by first closing Opera Neon completely (and make sure it's not running in the Dock) and then opening AG for Mac's preferences > Network section, click the Applications button and in the Filtered Applications box click the + button and add Opera Neon from the Applications folder. Then re-launch Opera Neon and it *should* be filtered now. In a few minutes I'll post a request on the GitHub tracker to add Opera Neon to AG for Mac's filtered applications list by default.

Here's a screenshot of the filtered applications list;

[​IMG]

8. Boo Berry

9. Tribulatio

Tribulatio New Member

Thank you very much for the clear and useful explanation: I have done as instructed, and it works. I had not realized that it was that easy to add apps to the list!