Sudden Problems Updating Adguard

dja2k

Beta Tester
What changed in the update process that it always hangs on me now. Windows Defender is even flagging the tmp file as a surface attack.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, nothing has changed.

I guess the reason for the update process hanging is Windows Defender so please, report a false positive.

myMoon

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
What changed in the update process that it always hangs on me now. Windows Defender is even flagging the tmp file as a surface attack.
What sort of alert do you receive? Can you provide a screenshot?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Btw, are you trying to update to the latest nightly or stable?

dja2k

Beta Tester
Beta Stable and here is what Windows Defender shows Attachment #1... Also I can't fully disable Windows Defender and still hangs on this update see Attachment #3

The Attachment #2 for the error message is after a windows restart. Now my Apps show 2 instances of Adguard even though it hasn't updated completely Attachment #4

Attachments

Last edited:

dja2k

Beta Tester
After several attempts and restarts, I got it to update, but still some errors that was related to the browser extension from what I see.

Attachments

dja2k

Beta Tester
Well I want to report there was another Adguard update today and that one installed without problems. I don't understand why the other one had problems updating. Thanks

UPDATE:
After I restarted windows, I saw that Adguard didn't update afterall, and now the same behavior as the previous happened. idk

Last edited:

Freki123

@dja2k Thats what Microsoft told me after checking the submitted files:

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

I got problems atm at step 2 but that could be my configuration. Just wanted to post maybe it helps you.

Last edited:

dja2k

Beta Tester
I had re-installed it from scratch with all Windows Defender turned off which worked for now. I will see in the next update if it happens again. Thanks

dja2k

Beta Tester
I just did a successful update without having to disable anything in Windows Defender. :cool:

dja2k

Beta Tester
Problem is back in the newest Beta 7.5 beta 2 available today. I had to completely disable Windows Defender for it to update successfully. Adguard .tmp file being flagged as Risky Action.

Attachments

Last edited: