Suggestion: Add "Set to Default Settings"

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Lode, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Lode

Lode New Member

Hi!

The issues I had after checking a few extra options, and the somewhat laborious solution, are described here:
    https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-recommended-settings-windows.13594/

So may I suggest a "Default settings" or "Restore to default settings" button or check box to the interface under Settings?

That way no "uninstall > don't overlook to check "Also remove settings" > reinstall" procedure is needed for those of us who like undersigned got confused and forgot what settings they might have enabled, and run into issues. And at first overlooked that "Also remove settings" option, so after reinstalling had to uninstall again, this time checking that box, and reinstall again... :p

And the best part, not bothering your colleagues with tickets asking what the default settings are. (As I did.) Or which one(s) might be causing the trouble... :)

Thank you for your kind attention to this,

Lode

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Lode

Lode New Member

3. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Glad it is solved, sorry I haven't replied earlier!

4. Lode

Lode New Member

No problem. And thank you for the effective tip.
    I have a lifelong license, so that tip will serve me for the rest of my life. :)

5. Lode

Lode New Member

PS:
    I had the issue of getting the Startpage (https://www.startpage.com/) error again. Even utilizing "Reset settings to default" did not solve it.
    But by enabling the "Use AdGuard as an HTTP proxy" the issue was resolved.

The issue again only came up using my Opera 12.18 browser. Not with my other ones.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hm, and what exactly is happening when you try to reach the website? Could you please post a screenshot?

7. Lode

Lode New Member

It only happens in my Opera 12.18 when under Adguard's Filter Settings I don't have enabled "Use Adguard as an HTTP proxy".

So no problem at all. Besides this Opera 12.18 is no longer being serviced by Opera, as it is based on Presto, and the new Opera uses Chrome. So there are probably only a few die-hards like me who are still using it.

I like it much better than the new Opera for various reasons. (One being that it has the Opera Mail client build in it.) And although sometimes a web page doesn't work well in that oldie, one tap via my touchpad on that page makes a popup appear which the option to open that page in IE11 or Firefox. So to show that I just made a screen shot.

Again, this issue does not happen with "Use Adguard as an HTTP proxy" in Filter Settings.

Adguard Opera 12.18 Issue..png

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Does this happen every time or just once?