Support response times

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by piggywiggy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. piggywiggy

piggywiggy New Member

Hi. I have just begun a trial a couple of days ago. I have sent two email enquiries for information but so far no response after over 24 hours - just acknowledgements in Russian! I was wondering therefore is it really worth buying the premium licence if email replies are not faster - I don't need the parental protection particularly?

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

You can ask your questions here. :)

3. piggywiggy

piggywiggy New Member

That's not the point quite though is it?

4. Boo Berry

Yes, you're right but there are several factors affecting support e-mail response times right now, which I'll list here;

- The development team is in a different part of the world, so for most English-related support (especially from the US) there's a delay. Also users here have compared Adguard's slower response times to Ad Muncher's much quicker response times, thus the need to improve this.
    - There's been increasing interest in Adguard - especially within the last month or so on the English side. I've personally noticed more users in the English forums (e.g. Ad Muncher refugees). And there's increasing users on the Russian side too. And this would potentially mean a higher volume of support e-mails are being sent.
    - The development team is also busy actively working on Adguard 6.0, Adguard for Mac OS X, Adguard for Android, Adguard 5.9 patches and the browser extensions for Firefox, Safari, and Chrome/Opera all at the same time.
    - And yes, the support e-mail responds to English users in Russian - I have two ideas on how to address this one, I'll post them below.

I'm not making any excuses here, I do personally consider this a major issue right now and it will have to be addressed at some point. Chances are the top three factors alone have probably overwhelmed the development team's ability to respond to support e-mails in a timely manner. My two ideas for the fourth factor are a) create and change to a English support e-mail address and automatically use it when English is the selected language in Adguard and b) for faster response times, especially for English users, perhaps the development team can hire one or two people dedicated to handling such issues, especially filter rule-related issues (I believe these are probably the most common of support e-mail inquires, not sure). The problem here is, support for supported languages other than English and Russian. How would those be handled?

Finally I do wish to point out that this is a support forum and getting replies from developers and knowledgeable users might be faster here than using the support e-mail, hence why if you wanted, you could ask your question(s) here. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  5. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Excuse us for the delay. This was a friday evening here when you send your message. Not a good excuse, I know. We're going to hire one more support engineer to work on weekends.

What for russian autoreply -- thank you for pointing at it. We've started to use Kayako's new version (https://kb.adguard.com/) not long ago, still having issues with it sometimes.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

We have about 200 new support tickets a day now.

In fact - registration autoreply is in wrong language now:
    https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/Base/UserRegistration/Register

6. Boo Berry

That's not too bad, but wait until it becomes 500+... and you know it will someday! :p

Eeep, yeah, I see what you mean. But I do like what I see there on the KB thus far! Keep up the good work! :)

EDIT: One broken image in the Opera tutorial here: https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/K...rt-for-https-connections-in-portable-browsers

EDIT 2: That tutorial about manually adding the certificate should be listed under Troubleshooting here, right? Because it's not. Also, that article may need to be expanded to include K-Meleon as the steps to add the certificate are a little different, even though it is Firefox-based.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  7. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

The reason why Ad Muncher's response time is so great is that they have a dedicated IRC channel built in to the Program. So this way average user can connect to the IRC and get instant tech support. Experienced users or those who use IRC client can be on hand to help as well. This essentially mitigates the issue related to various timezones as people from different countries can lend a hand in to support users,perhaps Adguard should also consider something of the sort.

8. piggywiggy

piggywiggy New Member

I in fact have now had responses via email and have bought a lifetime standard licence. Oddly an hour after entering the activation code, after which the program continued working perfectly well, the program ceased to function and would not reconnect! On deciding to do a re-install, the uninstall took an age and was stuck on 95% progress before completing. I'm now going restart my computer and hopefully the new install with activation code will function properly!

9. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Send me a message to am@adguard.com if something wrong happen again.