System_Service_Exception NETIO.sys

I've been having them ever since I've purchased Adguard but I never really cared because it would happen occasionally. But this time it happened whilst I was working on an assignment (autorecovery saved me) so I thought, it's time to get this checked out.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This can be a compatibility issue indeed. Have you tried switching to another driver type in AG general settings?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope. How can I go about doing that? Will it affect Adguards's adblocking performance?
Go to Adguard -> Settings -> switch "use wfp driver there".

Regarding ad blocking performance, the difference is that WFP driver is "newer" and can handle "modern UI apps" like MS Edge.

Go to Adguard -> Settings -> switch "use wfp driver there".

Regarding ad blocking performance, the difference is that WFP driver is "newer" and can handle "modern UI apps" like MS Edge.
I'm already using the WFP network driver. It seems to have been already enabled.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I get this blue screen from time to time and I just wanted to see if Adguard is causing it?
Hm, I see Kaspersky driver in the stack trace. However, it is not listed in your signature. Do you use it or is it a leftover from a previous installation?

Hm, I see Kaspersky driver in the stack trace. However, it is not listed in your signature. Do you use it or is it a leftover from a previous installation?
Ahhh, I just got another Bluescreen whilst watching a live transmission on Be-At-Tv. I use Avast Internet Security but I also use Kaspersky Safe Kids for parental control purposes. Could that be the thing causing it?

I will attach the new log also. @caleb59

caleb59

OMG are you kidding me?:eek:
Well looks like another BSOD for me is a matter of time but for now all is OK - question for how long, on github another person wrote about BSOD too so looks like we're fu*ked...
We'll be in touch...
--------------
Again random BSOD on test build, I'm going back to 6.1.314.1628 and turn off WFP driver...

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I also use Kaspersky Safe Kids for parental control purposes
Now I see where is the Kaspersky driver in the stack trace. We're still looking for the cause of this issue.

There's one thing you can do to help us, though.

As our driver is not in the stack trace, we need a complete memory dump to find out more about this situation. Here is how to get it:
https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-generate-full-memory-dumps-(my-system-crashes-with-a-blue-screen-bsod)-1169.html

Now I see where is the Kaspersky driver in the stack trace. We're still looking for the cause of this issue.

There's one thing you can do to help us, though.

As our driver is not in the stack trace, we need a complete memory dump to find out more about this situation. Here is how to get it:
https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-generate-full-memory-dumps-(my-system-crashes-with-a-blue-screen-bsod)-1169.html
I'm incredibly sorry for the late reply! I'll generate a full dump ASAP!