The General Music Topic (News, Videos, Discussion, etc.)

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Boo Berry, May 15, 2017.

1. Gass

Gass Member

I just ask you to remember that-
    We are the world we are the children
    looking out for all of our Earth Family with peace and love.

Lay the good foundation and set the bar high:
    Keep the faith, seek his grace, hold high standards and teach the children by example.

We Are The World

Hear N' Aid - Stars

Contributions from Ted Nugent, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tommy Aldridge and members of Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, Dokken, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Queensrÿche, Blue Öyster Cult, Vanilla Fudge, Y&T, Rough Cutt, Giuffria, Journey, W.A.S.P. and Night Ranger as well as the parody band Spinal Tap.

2. Gass

Gass Member

Eleven Blue Egyptians - Jason Becker

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

Muse - Reapers

Dream Theater - The Dance Of Eternity

*DragonForce - Cry Thunder

3. Gass

Gass Member

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues

Joe Satriani - Summer Song

Steve Vai - Building the Church

Yngwie Malmsteen far beyond the sun live

Joe Bonamassa - Born Under A Bad Sign

History of Metal in One Song
    https://youtu.be/dun7KkHd1qA

Time for ya all to get busy, I'm taking some months off from this thread.
    Without other members impute here, seems like I've dominated it which I don't want
    and I'm sure Boo Berry doesn't either. Got one that stuck in your head - lets share it...
    See ya bout Nov. - Dec. time frame unless it's news or something along those lines.

Gass :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

A day of reflection.

IMO, it's been pretty slow lately in regards to music news. This is a good thing, at least musicians aren't dropping like flies (yet) like in 2016, but there's been a couple whoppers thus far.

This is one my favorite Summer songs...

And here's another song for the season, which I was listening to today and yesterday while it was raining (and the sun was out at times while raining too!).

steve1209 and Gass like this.
  5. Gass

Gass Member

@Boo Berry - those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end we'd sing and dance forever and a day. Lot of mex and blond leb in those days and bout anything else, I got a brand new pair of roller-skates and you a brand new key 2.2.
    Young as we were so were these songs. Timelessness of the songs endures but look what happened to us o_O my friend? Brings to mind the reverse of NEIL YOUNG - OLD MAN, where as, young man take a look at my life I was a lot like you a r e . . .

Look what they've done to my song Ma, look what they've done to my brain Ma, we'll they've picked it like a chicken bone and I think I'm half insane Ma, maybe it'll all be all right Ma, maybe it all be ok, we'll if the people are buying tears I'll be rich someday Ma, well they've tied it up in a plastic bag and turned it upside down Ma. Look what they've done to my ???

Brother bought a cocoanut he bought it for a dime, his sister had another one she paid it for a lime. She put lime in the coconut, she drank them both up. She called the Doc and woke him up and said Doctor is there nothing I can take to relieve this belly ache, wouh, wouh, wouh, wouh.

Mellow is great and has it's time ! So with age we mellow, the culture then was reflected in the songs. As to rainy days are a mellowing time, as well as being snowed in - to dang wet or cold to go out. How do you mellow out...
    The Immigrant song by zeppelin was a fav too...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  6. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator