Think I have found an option for now.

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for iOS)' started by Mikeypr, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Mikeypr

Mikeypr New Member

Found an app called dnscloak, it forces you phone to use a dns of my choosing Adguard of course. And works over cellular.

Pity no YouTube or spotty yet, but a good solution for while I’m our, and can use my modems dns at home.

Damn Apple.

Android getting more and more appealing.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Yeah, the AG team is well aware of that app. IMO, it's only a matter of time until Apple's new policies catches up to the other blockers that haven't been hit yet.

Apple seems hell bent on preventing system-wide ad blocking, so I wouldn't be surprised if DNS ad blocking is also banned and apps have to remove it.

3. Mikeypr

Mikeypr New Member

At very least we still have Adguard DNS, no app needed at all.

Unless of course Apple take the option out of iOS to change DNS servers.

Even then the last option is to change DNS on my router at home, or use Adguard HOME, if I can get my head around setting it up on my PI.

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

5. Mikeypr

Mikeypr New Member

Thank you.

Just wonder if I can use the command line on the pi, instead of the pc and putty.

Hopefully there will be an image I can flash to sd, and cut out most of the setup.

Setting up pi hole seemed easier than this, but I’m sure it’s worth the extra effort to get this working.

Thanks for all your help. One reason I love Adguard. Great support, and loyal followers.

What a cat and mouse game. Let’s not let the cat win.

6. Mikeypr

Mikeypr New Member