Twitch.tv New ADs

mirko991

I don't understand why people are using uBlock with AdGuard. This last is the best and most complete tool on the market.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, there's no need at all to use a adblocker browser extension (uBlock Origin, AdGuard Adblocker, Adblock Plus, etc.) when AdGuard for Windows is more powerful than any browser extension ad blocker. Running ad blocker browser extensions alongside AdGuard for Windows will only cause issues.

If it's just the uBlock filters you want to use, you can add them to AdGuard for Windows, thanks to scriptlets support the majority of the filter rules should work fine.

EvilPeppard

Yeah, there's no need at all to use a adblocker browser extension (uBlock Origin, AdGuard Adblocker, Adblock Plus, etc.) when AdGuard for Windows is more powerful than any browser extension ad blocker. Running ad blocker browser extensions alongside AdGuard for Windows will only cause issues.

If it's just the uBlock filters you want to use, you can add them to AdGuard for Windows, thanks to scriptlets support the majority of the filter rules should work fine.
Thank you for this info, @Boo Berry . I could have sworn it was asked before on these forums if AdGuard Premium users should still use the AdGuard Blocker in their web browsesr, and the answer was 'yes'.

Since I am an AdGuard Premium Lifetime License holder, I will disable AdGuard AdBlocker in Chrome.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Thank you for this info, @Boo Berry . I could have sworn it was asked before on these forums if AdGuard Premium users should still use the AdGuard Blocker in their web browsesr, and the answer was 'yes'.

At the time the AdGuard Adblocker browser extension could be used in integration mode with AdGuard for Windows and Mac, allowing the AdGuard Adblocker extension to function as a replacement for the AdGuard Assistant.

Over the Summer the AdGuard Assistant was depreciated and it (along with integration mode with the AdGuard Adblocker extensions) were replaced with a dedicated browser extension called the AdGuard Browser Assistant. If you're using AdGuard for Windows, you can use that extension instead of the AdGuard Adblocker extension.

The bottom line is, if you're using AdGuard for Windows or Mac, you don't need to add any other adblocking browser extensions (AdGuard Adblocker, uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus) because AdGuard for Windows and Mac are better than any adblocking browser extension available and can do everything (and more) that they can do. Using adblocking browser extensions alongside AdGuard for Windows and Mac will interfere and cause issues with AdGuard for Windows and Mac's ability to operate and block things correctly.

EvilPeppard

At the time the AdGuard Adblocker browser extension could be used in integration mode with AdGuard for Windows and Mac, allowing the AdGuard Adblocker extension to function as a replacement for the AdGuard Assistant.

Over the Summer the AdGuard Assistant was depreciated and it (along with integration mode with the AdGuard Adblocker extensions) were replaced with a dedicated browser extension called the AdGuard Browser Assistant. If you're using AdGuard for Windows, you can use that extension instead of the AdGuard Adblocker extension.

The bottom line is, if you're using AdGuard for Windows or Mac, you don't need to add any other adblocking browser extensions (AdGuard Adblocker, uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus) because AdGuard for Windows and Mac are better than any adblocking browser extension available and can do everything (and more) that they can do. Using adblocking browser extensions alongside AdGuard for Windows and Mac will interfere and cause issues with AdGuard for Windows and Mac's ability to operate and block things correctly.
Excellent info, @Boo Berry Thank you very much for the clarification and update!

AugustineWei

For me are not random. No ads at the start but after like 5 mins an ad comes out.
For me, I have randomly got ads at the start which could be skipped by the filters via refreshing the web-page for the last 3 weeks. But now it seems that refreshing the web-page no longer skips any ads :(.

mirko991

For me, I have randomly got ads at the start which could be skipped by the filters via refreshing the web-page for the last 3 weeks. But now it seems that refreshing the web-page no longer skips any ads :(.
Yea, now they are coming out also at the start, and of course during the stream.

lucidrenegade

Today I was seeing video ads whenever I clicked on a stream. I removed the Adguard browser extension (I'm using the Windows app so I guess it's not needed), as well as betterTwitchTV. The ads no longer showed. Try disabling all your extensions, and if it works re-enable them one by one.

Edit: Well that didn't last long. Pre-roll ads are back, even with the extensions disabled. :mad:

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
New rule has been added, check for filter updates (and you might want to clear the browser's cache too).