Twitter App - Block Promoted Tweets - AdGuard Pro

itabmedia

Beta Tester
Is this possible to implement? Even with the VPN enabled, I still see promoted tweets and ads inside the official Twitter app. I have tried the other Twitter clients and I want to stick with the original. Hopefully this can be added. I would really appreciate it. Thanks very much

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@itabmedia Hello!

There is a common problem for Twitter and some other apps (e.g. Facebook). When some ads are loaded from the same servers with useful content, we can't block those ads without also blocking that content. So we have to let those ads through.

itabmedia

Beta Tester
Ah ok, I was afraid it was something like that. The only way I have ever known to do this was via a jailbreak tweak I used a while back. I don't jailbreak anymore and I doubt it still works. Shame because the default Twitter app has many more features than any of the other third party apps that do block the ads. If you guys ever find a way of doing this, please keep me updated. Thanks very much for the help.

PS. Love the new Safari extension BTW, It seems a lot faster and more efficient than before. Nice work!