Two entries for AdGuard in Programs and Features. Normal?

Ryster

Beta Tester
Hi Guys

This is my first post since getting Adguard and joining the beta program. Loving it so far.

Is it normal after installing the Beta version over the top of the release version for there to be two entries in Programs and Features?

I've checked in the registry and sure enough there are two entries with different guids.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{41500af8-543f-4fd5-b545-43f4bd4bf7fd}
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1f974034-d972-42fa-9b6f-3833c0a8a0c8}

Both have identical version numbers and other data, with the only difference being the ID number. Can anybody tell me which GUID is for the beta version I'm now running? I can then delete the other and tidy up my Progs and Features list.

Thanks.

p.s. Also if we can fix the installer so that it doesn't leave remnants of the previous version behind, that would be nice too :)

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This sounds almost impossible. If you have a 'normal' version and install beta, it should overwrite it. No idea how is it even possible to have two running copies along with each other. I would recommend to uninstall both copies and then install beta version.

deleted

Beta Tester
Actually it was due to remains of the previous installation and when restart was not done.
So I deleted both from Control Panel, then used the manual instructions for uninstallations and restarted PC and then install.

May happen if you try to install v5 and v6 together in a system at same time.
in my case it happened with the same version but bcuz of my mistake, uninstaller interrupted and hence the entry was left in CP.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Ryster, so according to @rkkdjb manual uninstall should help: adguard.com/howtodelete.html#manual