Two new codes

Discussion in 'Missed Ads' started by Nameless, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

So as i was browsing a torrent site looking for err, finding nemo yes that it. I accidently stumbled into the adult section by accident and was greeted by this horrible overlay ad which once clicked open a popunder window before i could click "continue to image..." upon clicking that continue to image i was greeted AGAIN by the same ad, and popunder window so i decided to find out what the cause was and found the solution. Now i have two different links which are from two image sites which basially are identical. if you want a to verify or check yourself let me know and i'll pm one to you, didnt waant to be sahring adult links on here

http://i60.tinypic.com/v4v7ms.jpg

should mention, it removed the overlay and all ads

contactsin.mobi^$third-party
    ppsearcher.ru^$third-party

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Moved them both from Russian to English filter.

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Cheers avatar, they were annoying me lol least the application was blocking the page they were trying to display =)

4. fanboy

fanboy Member

Whats the originating english site?

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

6. fanboy

fanboy Member

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I dont know what to say fanboy, as you can see from the image at top i had an overly full of ads.

I will check it again on my machines again tonight if im not too tired but on my laptop and my downloading pc i had the image thats at the top of this post. Maybe its area specific? Im in the UK but i hear that my IP by some dns servers says im in america, i know cyberghost "use" to say i was near california.

I'll check it later anyway.

Edit:
    Also can pick one of these do the same thing it seems.:
    imgflare.com:8080/splash.php
    imgflare.com/js/14WknRT.js

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  8. avatar

Maybe you've got some kind of adware extension in your browser?

9. fanboy

fanboy Member

10. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I'll try and find the offending site later but there are one or two sites using the imgshot hosting script it seems and that is why i have two links in the first post as they are from seperate sites. When i go through these image sites i remove everything thats annoying me and i can figure out, so thats the light boxes and also now the splash page for imgflare (took me ages figure that out) but some the sites have that much js and other crap it actually freezes the element inspector for two minutes or so.

Like i said i will try and find the offending sites and post them hopefully without rude images or pm them to the right people. I do quite abit of downloading and all the links i find are from extratorrent. Before i found the first two links btw i thought the offending site was ero-advertising.com but blocking that in everyway did nothing.

Sorry if not making much sense but, only had three hours sleep last night and been out all day.

Edit:
    Not saying this was the offending site but just to prove there is more than one site out there using this layout, as it stands this one has been cleaned via adguard. http://xxximagenow.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  11. fanboy

fanboy Member

http://xxximagenow.com/ doesn't seem to work, I attempted to upload an image and it sends it to a blank page..

12. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Hi fanboy i dont do uploading of images and the imagexxx.com is just to show that more than one site is using the same script without any changes made to it other than adverts being added. Its kind of hard to retrace and remember what site it was as i didnt take much notice if im honest i thought it was imgshots.com. Plus with the code now added to english filter and maybe your filter its going to be harder to find.

With the imagexxx.com and all other things in this thread i just didnt want to post links adult material. I'll name my screenshots better in future to include the site name but if i find the offending sites while im browsing i shall post them.

If you both like you cna remove the codes till i re-find the sites responsible.

13. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

14. Alex302

Alex302 Filters Developer Staff Member Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  15. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I dont use the russian filter, i dont read russian nor visit .ru sites but i guess i can add it to my ever growing list of filters.

I also noticed this link in the site code kudrafa.ru dont know if its to do with ads though.

16. avatar

Moved it to English filter.

@fanboy, will you add it to EasyList?
    Looks like some russian scam networks have started western expansion:(

17. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Thanks avatar =)

Yea, because sites are easy to make and can generae alot of money via ads then anything can be added. I dont mind using the russia filters too, but i already haev 8 filters running as it is. Mind you i could probably replace reek as ive never seen it do anything if im honest.

18. fanboy

fanboy Member