Unable to view live sports website since Adguard update - 2019

krafty167

This is my second request for help. The first one was erroneously closed when nothing was fixed.

I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021) Safari version 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3) in a Mac Pro laptop.

I used to use this website frequently until Adguard decided to make it incompatible. About 2-years ago Adguard fixed a similar issue with this sports website for me after they made a similar software update.

What I get is an advertisement blocking the viewing screen. Sometimes the sports are live in action behind this " Close Advertising " box that says start betting, but the box does not close. Please don't ask me for a screen shot as I don't have any software for that that I am aware of. Previous technical support a couple years ago didn't require coming on this website or supplying a screen shot. All I did was click on support in the App and explain my problem with a link.

Here are some examples of games currently going on:

Website http://firstr0w.eu

I need to be able to connect to this sight. I have used it for years including 4-years previously with Adguard before I chose the lifetime subscription.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
The site used the overlay itself and then it seems the embedded iframe itself is using them too, added rule to hide close button for iframe superfastvideos.xyz

Unsure what the two scripts files loaded from bitcoinsports.org do as I cannot access them.

krafty167

I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021) Safari version 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3) in a Mac Pro laptop.

Right now one filter says Cosmetic Rules, and the other Adguard Base. In the top right of this spread sheet like screen there is a box with 3 lines. When I click on it it opens up with Regular, Blocked, Modified, Whitelisted, and All, all with a check mark in Blue.

When trying to view one of the 5 links for this college football game currently in action 3 of the link look like they want to open. It flashes what I believe is the live screen game really fast and then nothing. No advertisement blocking box like before, just a small x in where the screen would be to close an ad but it does nothing and stays on the blacked out screen.

While posting this additional information when I went back to the game there is a picture now with spectators but it is frozen. The refresh button on this screen does not work but when I refresh in the address bar it flashes once like it is trying to show a screen but then a black screen with an inoperable x.

After the screen sat in black for a couple minutes again and image is showing but with no movement.

My Whitelist contains nothing.

Looking further under Stealth Mode - Self-Destruction of third-party cookies - Time to Live 180. No other tracking boxes checked below that.

All General boxes are checked.

Browser API - All checked accept top one - Block WebRTC

Miscellaneous - Hide Referrer from third-parties and Remove X-Client-Date header are checked, but other two are not checked.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
The X is hidden with this rule for me:

Code:
firstr0w.eu#$##sunInCenter + .cover { position: absolute!important; left: -2000px!important; }
Video works also fine for me.

krafty167

Code:
firstr0w.eu#$##sunInCenter + .cover { position: absolute!important; left: -2000px!important; }
The video is moving? Mine appears after sitting a couple minutes but only a picture of the game that should be moving video.

krafty167

Yes, the video is moving as it should.
Hello, as you can see I have all of my information listed above including stealth information. As mentioned more than once this is Adguard related as the problem occurred at the time of a supposed upgrade.

Last week I upgrade to new OS Catalina to see if that would rectify the situation but it did not. Is there something else I need to upgrade such as the video player which should be current with the Catalina. As mentioned, when on the sports website the screen blinks real fast like it is trying to load the video screen but then nothing. It doesn't even show a black outline of the video screen but just and overall non-defined area where the video screen box would be but a non-clickable x to help define its placement.

As also mentioned the games have multiple links and when I get an apparent could link it will show the x where the video screen would be though undefined. Yesterday while letting it sit while typing information in the Adguard post, after 2-minutes a still screen video of the game would load but again no action.

Thank you,

krafty167

Code:
I am still waiting for assistance here. This problem started with an Adguard update for a Apple Macintosh product that wasn't sufficiently tested. As you know if you were with the company last year, there was noted problems with the release. My Adguard actually was not working or working on and off for over a month. Remember those news email alerts and the patches that were issued to remedy the situation, and still problem lingered because a software program was not properly bench tested before a release?

You say yours works and I am on a Macintosh blog. My new Catalina software did not fix the problem what am I to do now? I gave all of my information regarding security stealth settings. What will fix this situation?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
In the AdGuard Assistant, select the Report this website option and follow its instructions.

It's needed to gather as much information needed (e.g. website URL(s), filters being used, stealth mode options being used, etc.) that will help the filter developers investigate the issue.