Unblocking not working as expected

T3rm1

I'm trying to create some custom rules for bild.de myself. For that I need to unblock all request and then apply my own rules (mostly cosmetic rules).

The documentation says that
Code:
@@||bild.de^$urlblock,extension,jsinject,elemhide,content
is the same as
Code:
@@||bild.de^$document
However the former must still block something because I see the anti ad block page. Unfortunately the latter disables Adguard completely for the page so that my own custom rules aren't applied either.

What can I do here? As said above I want to unblock everything and only apply my custom rules.

Question 2:
Code:
bild.de##[id^="jsm_"][data-tr-doc-type*="InlineAd"]
Is this a valid rule? The DOM is modified some time after the page has fully loaded and only then those elements matching the css selector are added. Would this rule still prevent them from showing or do these rules only work on "initial" DOM tree?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
1) It is not the same as Extension and stealth options are still applied then. Possibly some filter you have installed has a generichide enabled and therefore your rule is not applied, you can check so in filtering log.
For bild.de they are using urblocks and checking if some special elements are hidden.

2) The rule is valid. It hides them unless they have something like "display:block!important;" for its style.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Without disabling other filter lists, it is not possible.

T3rm1

Without disabling other filter lists, it is not possible.
Oh wow. Such a feature should be added as fast as possible. Any site could just check if a certain ad is displayed or blocked. If the corresponding rule is in a basic list there would be no way to remove the ad without removing the rule from the basic list (which you don't want to do). That's a major drawback.

Where should I report the incorrect custom filter rule documentation?

T3rm1

2) The rule is valid. It hides them unless they have something like "display:block!important;" for its style.
Just tested it and it's not as you say. Content loaded at a later point in time is unaffected of these rules.

I disabled all filters on bild.de and only applied
Code:
bild.de##[id^="jsm_"]
. After 2 seconds the DOM is full of div tags starting with "jsm_".

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Every [id^="jsm_"] is hidden here fine with the rule.

T3rm1

Ok, maybe it's a bug in the Opera extension. About two seconds after the page is visually complete, the ads load and are shown. The are all in this div containers with jsm_ ids.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Once the style ist added it will work until style ist removed ( AdGuard adds style to website to hide elements). Yes, the rule is valid.