Unified hosts file with base extensions

l0rdraiden

Beta Tester
Extending and consolidating hosts files from a variety of sources like adaway.org, mvps.org, malwaredomains.com, someonewhocares.org, yoyo.org, and potentially others. You can optionally invoke extensions to block additional sites by category.

https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts#list-of-all-hosts-file-variants

Please take a look to that link, it might be interesting to add it or use it by default in adguard.
Or you can use the tool as well to merge other lists.

BTW
It's normal for adguard to consume cpu when there is not browsing traffic, like while playing online, using bittorrent, etc.?

Can it be avoided or fixed?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please take a look to that link, it might be interesting to add it or use it by default in adguard.
Adguard uses rather complicated rules syntax, and blocks ads, trackers etc. on a deeper level than simple hosts file. I don't think we can use these lists as they are in any way.

BTW
It's normal for adguard to consume cpu when there is not browsing traffic, like while playing online, using bittorrent, etc.?
Depends on what numbers do we talk about. Also, depends on if this game/bittorrent process is filtered by Adguard.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In theory you can import all these hosts files to Adguard, but I highly doubt there will be any good.

Frankly, I don't like the hosts-file ad blocking approach. It is too limited. AG can do it much better without importing a HUGE hosts file.