Update check green banner missing

Zevonlander

Different behavior from AdGuard AdBlocker 3.6.17 today in Chrome browser. I frequently manually check for updates. Results are always shown as a green banner flyout across the top of the browser window, but today that no longer appears and instead a broken-looking text-only (no color) message appears briefly at the top left (not green across the top). This is happening on two 7 x 64 machines. It definitely looks very different than it used to, and it also looks "broken".AdGuard no updates message.jpgAdGuard updates display III.jpg

Last edited:

Zevonlander

Appreciate the reply, inwipc.. Until other users acknowledges that this is happening to them also, I really have no idea if it is my computers or AdGuard that is at fault. This has been messed up for 10 days now. I keep thinking that they'll notice and fix it. :)

Zevonlander

registered just to say this has been happening for the past month on my computer, laptop an tablet without fail. hope they look into it
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to add your input to this thread! I am surprised that AdGuard has let this go on so long without correction.

Here's how the green banner notifications used to look!

AdGuard filter updates display.JPG

Zevonlander

I just noticed something kinda' odd. This behavior isn't happening here on this AdGuard forum. If you manually check for updates here, the old-style green banner pops up. But interestingly, checking for updates on AdGuard.com will produce the broken-looking text-only (no color) message at the top left (not green across the top). Same as checking for updates anywhere else on the internet... produces the crappy (no color) message at top left.

Last edited:

Zevonlander

Hi, do you know how to reproduce that issue? Did you go to another browser tab while the filters updates were checking?
Only thing necessary to reproduce the issue is as stated in original post, manually check for updates. Right-click the AdGuard AdBlocker icon and select 'Check for filter updates'.

Did I go to another browser tab while the filters updates were checking? No.