V6.3.1399.4073 TLS1.3 bug or?

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by PDK, Jul 14, 2018.

1. PDK

PDK New Member

Hi.
    First, thank you for this wonderful ad-blocker, one of the best things I've ever bought.

The new version includes TLS v1.3 support, however, there seems to be something wrong.

In Chrome (latest version) TLS1.3 works only if I disable/close Adguard, when I have Adguard running, sites is only using TLS1.2.
    In Firefox (latest version) TLS1.3 works fine with Adguard running.

I've included a screen-snap so you can see both browsers loaded at the same time, with Adguard enabled, there you can see Chrome using TLS1.2 and Firefox TLS1.3.

Hope someone can shade some light over this, thank you in advance.

Edit: Added screensnap of Chrome without Adguard running.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Toni Kumpula

Toni Kumpula New Member

@PDK

1. Load chrome://flags/ in the browser's address bar. This opens the experiments page of the web browser.
    2. Find Maximum TLS version enabled. You can also click on this link directly: chrome://flags/#ssl-version-max
    3. Click on the menu, and set it to TLS 1.3.
    4. Restart the web browser.

3. PDK

PDK New Member

@ Toni Kumpula
    It is enabled, it works without Adguard, as I wrote in my OP.

I did find that advise with google too, but it was back in old versions of Chrome that was needed, with Version 67.0.3396.99 it's activate by default, the option your mention is not even a part of the flags anymore.

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

One of the issues is, Chrome stable still uses TLS 1.3 draft 23. However, the latest is TLS 1.3 draft 28 which Firefox supports.

It should be updated to draft 28 within the next major version or two of Chrome stable (it's already at draft 28 in Chrome Canary).

PDK likes this.
  5. PDK

PDK New Member

Ok, that sounds great, thank you for the explanation.

Have a great weekend.