Various Apps Not connecting to network

I just got a new phone and switched my key over. Since then I've noticed that my emails, and any other app that tries to connect to a network is either laggy or doesn't connect. I've even noticed an issue with it and my fitbit, it won't allow syncing with the app and my watch.

My new phone is a Huawei p30... Old one was a Samsung A5.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@HeartlessJustice
Hello there!
The issue is reproduced only on Wi/Fi or LTE network?

Try disabling HTTPS filtering for the specified applications.
If the problem still persists let’s do the following:
- AdGuard > Settings > Advanced > Logging Level > Record All.
- Reproduce your issue.
- Note the time the error occurred and let us know.
- Don't forget to return to the default logging level.
- Logs can be sent to me at PM or on devteam@adguard.com
- Please provide a link to this forum to make it easier for us to search you for feedback.

I believe it's only on network but I wont be able to check till later.

How do I set the Https filters? Cause all I can find is turning it on/off... Turning it off makes no difference, still show connection failure.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Apps management > Select the required applications > check whether HTTPS filtering is disabled.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
So if you choose Google DNS for example, there will be no changes?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
I will need the application logs to look at the problem in more detail.
Please, use the log collection instructions which I sent you above.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Did you accidentally block their access by yourself using the AdGuard Firewall (In apps management)?
Please update to the Nightly version, reproduce the problem, collect logs and specify the time and names of applications that cannot access the network.

I did have the fire wall turned on, and turning if it off I thought it worked until I went from WiFi to cellular. As soon as I'm on cellular data the network connection issue comes back.

I also installed the nightly and the issues started right away, again only on cellular network.

Javrri

I am interested int this as well since I have a similar problem. For me it works for a while with adguard turned on. But after some time internet completely stops working at all, but it works again immediately after turning adguard off.

Update: haven't seen a post or heard from adguard in a week, assuming I'm now a lost cause.
Update 2: just got the update, no change to my problem.

So I tried playing around with it again today, while I don't think this option is right for you Jarrvi since you said yours is an internet issue while mine is network... But I just had adguard ignore the app in question... Right now that just seems to be the Huawei Email app since that was my biggest network connection issue.. And my fitbit might have been an improper setup issue...

It'll take time to go through all my apps to see if any others have the network issue still.