Versions of the program. From first to last releases.

Discussion in 'Release Notes (Adguard for Windows)' started by Rindir, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Rindir

Rindir Administrator Administrator Moderator

We will post information about new Adguard releases in this topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  2. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

Hello, first of all thank you for this excellent program i am enjoying its influence in my browsing. I however have a question, the publically available version is 4.2.2 but on your website in the screenshots of the application, the version indicated is 5.1. my question would be is the 5.1 version near release ? thank you for your time.

3. Dashke

Dashke Beta Tester

Hello rickyoh. :)
    4.2.2 version is the last version in english and 5.1 version is only in russian. So, if you want, you can use newer version in russian. :)
    There is curently 5.2 version(beta) that has been translated in english, but I don't know when it will be released.
    P.S. Maybe I am wrong, team members will explain this to you better. :)

4. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

thank you for your feedback Dashke, unfortunately i do not understand russian so version 5.1 as it is is off limits, hopefully the english version is close to release as from what i see the interface has been spruced up. looks really nice.

5. Dashke

Dashke Beta Tester

Yeah, I agree, GUI is veeery nice. :)
    You can try to send message to admins and ask them to become beta tester because beta testing started few days ago and I don't think that it is close to release.

6. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

i might just do that, thanks for the suggestion

7. Dashke

Dashke Beta Tester

You're welcome! :)

8. Gumbo

Gumbo к̅̿̑͌̂͒̉ͯ̈́̇͆

Screenshots from 5.2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello and thank you for your words!

The problem is that we had two different versions of Adguard so you could not switch language.
    It was hard to support two versions, so we decided to create a new version with multiple-languages support.

We have already localized the web site (adguard.com), the next step is to release new version of a program.
    It will be released soon (1-2 weeks from now).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  10. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

@ Gumbo thank you for the latest screens from version 5.2 looking good
    @ avatar thank you for the clarification, yah it follows that supporting a single multi-language solution is better all round. i do hope to be able to take the latest version for a spin soon.

11. Florin

Florin New Member

I am very happy with forthcoming release 5.2 that will reconcile Russian and English versions.

AdGuard is a REVOLUTIONARY program, far ahead Admuncher.
    I am sure Adguard will be the most awarded software of all times, because the internet is harder & harder to browse. But you have to be aware there are a lot of people out there that will try to stop you, because their money come from ads....

Anyway, I wish all the best to Adguard team and I hope some day I will translate it to my native language, Romanian.