VPN+Adguard app

SKIBA

Beta Tester
Hello! What should I do to make the Adguard application "eliminate" ads on websites and applications, and at the same time an external VPN works, i.e. CyberghostVPN, because when I connect to the VPN server, the Adguard application stops filtering ads on websites and in applications. My device is not rooted.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@SKIBA
Hello there!
On Android, you cannot run 2 VPN connections at the same time.
Therefore, you need to run AdGuard in local HTTP proxy mode.
But when you use our application in this mode, we can not guarantee that all advertising will be blocked.

SKIBA

Beta Tester
@SKIBA
Hello there!
On Android, you cannot run 2 VPN connections at the same time.
Therefore, you need to run AdGuard in local HTTP proxy mode.
But when you use our application in this mode, we can not guarantee that all advertising will be blocked.
If the program uses a VPN connection, what the country has set? And when at last will filter ads in YouTube application?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
We have a slightly different method for creating a VPN connection (it is created locally).
But in the future, we are planning a full-fledged VPN add-on for our application so that such problems can be avoided.
Unfortunately, there is no way to block advertising on Youtube app.
To avoid ads you can use Youtube Vanced or watch videos through the browser.

SKIBA

Beta Tester
We have a slightly different method for creating a VPN connection (it is created locally).
But in the future, we are planning a full-fledged VPN add-on for our application so that such problems can be avoided.
Unfortunately, there is no way to block advertising on Youtube app.
To avoid ads you can use Youtube Vanced or watch videos through the browser.
The addition could use as much as possible. As for YouTube, whether it is a technical problem? After the installation, Adguard installing the certificate.

Jim Stinson

How can you tell which IP address is being used for your VPN? I want to use ExpressVPN but it conflicts with AdGuard and shuts off ad filtering.

VC321bx47

Beta Tester
How can you tell which IP address is being used for your VPN? I want to use ExpressVPN but it conflicts with AdGuard and shuts off ad filtering.
You can use ipleak.net oh and you can't use 2 vpn at once and adguard dosnt do ip hiding so you have to choose only one ip hide&security or adblocking&privacy protection

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
AdGuard for Android uses a local VPN, not a "true" or "real" VPN. The local VPN is created on and limited to the device itself and is used to filter ads and trackers. However, if you're rooted you can enable the local HTTP proxy option, which will allow you to use another VPN alongside AdGuard for Android.

The Android OS has a 1 VPN only limit. Even though AdGuard for Android uses a local VPN, it still counts towards that 1 VPN Android OS limit.