VPN Logo removal

Dustin Money

is there anyway to get rid of this logo on iPhone when using this app? Super annoying. The ad block from future mind uses a type of VPN and doesn't have the logo showing.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Dustin Money

No, there is no way to remove this icon - it is a system icon indicating running VPN.

Adblock by Futuremind doesn't have this icon because they use a very different approach. Very briefly:

- Adguard sets up a fake VPN to make system use Adguard DNS. If you are interested in how DNS filtering works, you can learn more about it here.

- Futuremind has nothing to do with DNS at all. They install a VPN profile that contains rules telling system when to use it. These rules tell iOS to access certain domains through the VPN, and VPN points to a 'blackhole', effectively meaning that the access to that domain is blocked.

Our approach is more complex, but it also allows to do things that would be otherwise impossible, like showing DNS requests log, and more useful stuff that will be added in future.

Last edited:

tcw

@vasily_bagirov are you able to provide examples of the 'more useful stuff that will be added in the future'?

Like the original poster, I have Futermind Adblock and Adguard Pro installed. I am trying to decide which one to use. Right now I like the way Futuremind Adblock has a toggle switch as a widget. It's not clear to me what advantages Adguard has.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@vasily_bagirov are you able to provide examples of the 'more useful stuff that will be added in the future'?
Regarding what AG provides right now:
+ You can see what domains are actually blocked in real-time
+ AG ships with Safari content blocker functionality

Regarding the future updates, for instance, we're planning to add a Firewall-alike functionality so that you could decide which app has network access.