Waiting for local.adguard.com

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Joachim, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Joachim

Joachim New Member

Windows 10 1709
    AdGuard 6.2.437.2171
    Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Core i5 and 24GB of RAM

Since longer time I have the problem that webpages do not load. I had to manually reload them in the browser (which always worked). I blamed that on my internet unless I got a new high speed contract and have no more speed problems except surfing. Then I discovered in Chrome this message in the left lower corner: "Waiting for local.adguard.com".

This is always to be seen for a very short time, but when a webpage does not load this message is to bee seen until the timeout. So I disabled AdGuard and had more problems.

I enabled it again and disabled the Extensions, still no luck.

It's even worse now than before:eek:n a slow internet you are accustomed to wait. Now either the webpage loads almost instantly or never. This is of course especially bad on websites with forms that can't be resubmitted because a reload is not working there.

Please help,

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Joachim

First of all, I need to know what AV do you have?

Second, the temporary solution for that issue would be to do the following: tray icon -> advanced -> settings -> uncheck “use localhost for injections”.
    This will switch the network driver to another mode that has fewer compatibility issues with other network drivers.

3. Joachim

Joachim New Member

Stealth mode: yes
    Filters: English, Spyware, Annoyances, German, Easylist, Easylist Germany, Fanboys Annoyancesm Adblock Warning Removal, Anti-Adbock

I would have no problem if a web page loads longer, but it either loads instantly or not at all with "Waiting for local.adblock.com" message

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Joachim

Please, follow this instruction and reply back if the problem continues.

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

If you're using the Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek filter, I'd recommend removing it. It's an outdated filter (hasn't been updated in nearly 2 years) and will be marked as depreciated at some point. Using it might and could create more problems than it 'fixes'.

That said, knowing what antivirus/antimalware you're using would be mighty helpful. Also the suggestion @TheHasagi mentioned (unchecking "Use localhost for injections") is worth a try and it *should* help with the issue.

Also, I notice you're using 6.2.437.2171 - you might try updating to the latest 6.3 stable build that was recently released.

6. Joachim

Joachim New Member

Thank you for your help so far :)

I am using Kasperyky Free 19

Done:
    ) Removed Anti-Adblock/Reek Filter
    ) Updated AdGuard to 6.3
    ) Enabled Extensions again
    ) unchecked “use localhost for injections”

So far everything loads now :)

But why is "uncheck “use localhost for injections”" only a temporary solution?

7. Boo Berry

Because using localhost for injections is faster. Does it work with 6.3 if you check "Use localhost for injections"? If I recall correctly, there was some compatibility fixes for Kaspersky in 6.3.

Otherwise, it sounds like there's a possible incompatibility with Kaspersky 19 here.

8. Kluriah

Kluriah New Member

I think I can answer for the OP.
    I use the Nightly channel and updated to 6.3 before reporting the same problem with FF 51-52.x ESR.
    So the answer to Boos question is no.
    Still have to keep that setting unchecked.

9. sjtar

sjtar New Member

I have the same problem with Firefox if "Use localhost for injections" checked. Web pages often do not load and I see: "Transferring data from local.adguard.com..." until I reload the page.
    I use Firefox 66, previous versions had this problem too. Chrome is always working good.
    Adguard 6.4.1814.4903

10. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

The local.adguard.com problem is why I had to uninstall Adguard for Windows. I am using the browser extension now and all is well. I am hoping the issue is fixed before my renewal date so I can reinstall Adguard for Windows. If not I'll just keep using the browser extension.

11. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

12. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Is the beta the same as the nightlies? The nightlies constantly crashed on me whenever I rebooted my computer. If the beta is something different I am still leary of using it. Browser extension works great for me.

13. Boo Berry

That issue should be fixed in the latest nightly (not sure about beta yet).