WARNING. Internet connection is not available...

Heinz Werner

hi,

today adguard pro app is updated to version 1.2.0.

since that comes after every reboot my iphone 6 (with ios 10.3.1) the follow message:

-----
Adguard Pro
WARNING. Internet connection is not available.
It is necessary to run the application to finis the configuration process after the recent update.
-----

screenshot.PNG

After each restart.
I uninstall Adguard pro and reinstall the App. The same effect. :(

but: the internet connection is available!

What can i do?

btw:
On my iphone 5s whith ios 10.3.1 and the same adguard pro settings the message does not come.

Prashpan

I faced the same issue on install, but I was able to resolve it by first, starting the app, enabling the System wide blocking and then re-enabling Connect on Demand in the Adguard Pro VPN profile under iPhone Settings. Hope this fixes your problem.

Heinz Werner

@Prashpan
thanks for the tip, but does not fix the problem.

@vasily_bagirov
i have sent the log at support@atguard.com, but i have not received any helpdeskID.

I have the following answer: (the account with my supportmail is "Leon Reusper")
Hello!

Thank you for contacting Adguard Support!

We've received your email but it appears to be empty.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely yours,
Adguard Support Team
btw:
when I disable the System wide blocking the message does not come.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Weird, there's nothing about that Warning screen in the log file. Have you reproduced the issue before sending the log?

Heinz Werner

yes. the message comes after every reboot.
when dns and systemwide enabled.
when systemwide disabled, the message comes not.

sorry for my bad english.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
sorry for my bad english.
No worries! You can write in German if you can't find proper words, we have some german-speakers here (not me, though, so please don't do it too often:) ).

yes. the message comes after every reboot.
Das Problem ist, dass ich es nicht in der Log-Datei sehe.

Ich brauche, dass Sie:
1. Ihr Gerät neu starten
2. Bis diese Warnung angezeigt wird warten
3. Die Log-Datei an uns senden

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, he finally appeared at the office.

I guess the only solution for us is to extend the app logging as we just cannot understand how it happens with the current log.

Mind joining our beta testing programme and trying the newer version?

maximumdns

This issue does exist. I had it. I've easily reproduced it many times today. I was interested to figure out what caused it to break over and over, so I spent several hours deleting, reinstalling, rebooting, toggling the DNS option in Adguard, toggling system wide filtering, and toggling the VPN profile directly within iPhone settings, doing all of those things in different orders. I eventually got bored and had it all working again, but it's very easy to break. I suggest you do what I did.

Look out for an intermittent issue where you enable DNS filtering in Adguard but it doesn't trigger the VPN profile in IOS. That's what I think is happening and the root cause for the issue of notification of no internet after reboot. To fix you have to open adguard, and if that doesn't fix the issue, try turn DNS off and on in adguard, and if that doesn't make it activate then manually toggle off on the VPN profile in settings. Even then I've seen it get stuck and just display "connecting" endlessly. Failing getting the VPN profile to activate I just tried toggling airplane mode. I think that didn't work either. I recall changing to a different DNS server at one point and suddenly after manually toggling again the VPN profile "connected". Eventually I rebooted again and found it fixed the issue, no more notification of no internet.

Another interesting problem you wouldn't have seen is that after updating to this latest version, if you go ahead and delete it, then try to redownload the app from AppStore, you will sometimes find it downloads the older version. Then it will give you the option to update it again. Can sometimes trigger all the system wide/DNS bugs in the app. Obviously that won't be your problem, probably just my ISP caching it on their servers and not allowing me to download the latest direct from Apples servers.

Good luck.

Ps. Please clarify how the system wide ad blocking is supposed to work: The traffic is filtered right on your device based on the 'simplified domain names filter'..
... Does that mean for it to work you need to have selected that filter in the Safari Content Blocking->Filters menu? I just have the default four filters enabled, English, spyware, social and safari filter.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, we have finally found the culprit. It seems, that the issue itself is caused by the iOS bug as Adguard, according to the log, is not trying to show any message.

Here is how to fix it:
1. Uninstall Adguard
2. Reboot
3. Install it again