WC2014

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nick, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Member

With regards to the football, I cannot see England getting out of the group. We have some decent youngsters in the squad (Barkley, Sterling, Henderson, Lallana) but our manager is unlikely to risk fielding many of them at the same time. That makes sense I suppose but some of the experienced players are too old, too slow or never been good enough so I think we're going to struggle. We played our final warm-up match against Honduras last night and failed to score. No disrespect to Honduras, but they weren't very good but we had problems breaking them down and when we did get good chances, we failed to get the attempt on target. It was shockingly poor.

I really hope we do well but I would love to see Hodgson put some faith in the kids. If we're gonna get knocked out, I'd prefer it if we were playing attractive football with the young players getting valuable experience at this level.

England could have a decent team in a couple of years time but this one is just so average.

Where are you from avatar?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Don't understand why are you so skeptical about your team. You have so many top-level players, I just don't understand why the team performs so poorly last 10 years.

Hope you'll get out the group and I won't loose my 100$ bet:)

Russia. This time we've got a good team, at least we've done well the qualification.
    But we have no global aim, I'll be really happy if we pass 1/8.

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

England always do crap, they dont really play for the country imo just enjoy the free holiday they are all over paid anyhow so if they get sent off, suspended whatever they are not bothered.

4. avatar

Exactly the same arguments I always hear about our team here:)

5. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

:) At least your teams are playing. Team from Poland failed in qualifications...

6. pablozi

pablozi Beta Tester

Say nothing about Poland please... This team is worthless. And i know what i am saying - i'm Polish :D

7. avatar

Some days ago I have watched the best movie about football ever:
    Mike Bassett: England Manager

It is really good comedy, don't understand why the rating on imdb is so low.
    And you know, despite this is just a comedy, I found myself thinking that in real life the things are pretty similar.