WebRTC leak suppression

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by ycxv, May 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ycxv

ycxv New Member

Hello, I'm using AdGuard with NordVPN seted up via Proxy settings. Everything works fine except my IP can be seen. Is there any solution to fix that? Maybe some rule that I can manually add to user filter. I've tried to switch some flags related to webrtc via chrome:flags but with no success.[​IMG]

2. ycxv

ycxv New Member

I've found a solution on your forum: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/prevent-webrtc-from-leaking-ip-address.19273/#post-141134
    Code:
    #%#window.webkitRTCPeerConnection = undefined; window.mozRTCPeerConnection = undefined; navigator.mozGetUserMedia = undefined; navigator.webkitGetUserMedia = undefined; window.MediaStreamTrack = undefined; window.AudioContext = undefined; window.webkitAudioContext = undefined; window.RTCPeerConnection = function() {};
    But I do not know is this good for doing it that way. I think it may also block something useful.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Well, that rule blocks all WebRTC connections. If that's what you want to do (e.g. you don't have any use for WebRTC) it *should* be okay to use. I've been using that rule for some time now and it's worked out fine here.

4. David3432432424

David3432432424 Member

How about having an option in the adguard menu to disable WebRTC Connections as a Yes/No ?

That should satisfy most people's requirements for this and make it easy for people to enable/disable it.

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

It'll happen once Stealth Mode lands in AG for Android (as part of CoreLibs). But the devs are waiting to land CoreLibs in every AG app (AG for Android, Mac and Windows) before adding features like Stealth Mode. So for the meantime, the above rule works fine.

6. David3432432424

David3432432424 Member

Awesome that makes sense, thanks :)