Websites no longer being filtered after recent update

Matto

Beta Tester
I updated to version 7.2.2920 and now websites are no longer filtered at all and the assistant disappears from where I previously had it placed.

I'm using Firefox 69 which hasn't been updated recently.

Edit: Similar results in Vivaldi 2.6.

Matto

Beta Tester
Latest update messed up WFP driver. Turn it off and it will filter website as it should.
That seems to have fixed it. I should note that it required a reboot to take effect unlike most other setting changes, if anyone else has this issue and is looking for a fix.

myMoon

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@Matto

What antivirus is installed alongside with AdGuard?

myMoon

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@Matto

Try to disable WFP driver in Settings - Network - Use WFP driver (uncheck), open advanced settings (from AdGuard - Settings) and uncheck "Intercept TCP connection requests" and reboot the PC. After it's done check any website for assistant and filtering should work.

Matto

Beta Tester
@Matto

Try to disable WFP driver in Settings - Network - Use WFP driver (uncheck), open advanced settings (from AdGuard - Settings) and uncheck "Intercept TCP connection requests" and reboot the PC. After it's done check any website for assistant and filtering should work.
Just disabling the WFP driver was enough to get it to work, in my situation.

Grunf

@TheHasagi

No need to turn off both WFP driver and "Intercept TCP connection requests" option. Either disable driver or leave it on and uncheck the option.
WFP driver on.PNGTCP request off.PNG

As far as I know Emsisoft hasn't used network filter since they discontinued their all-in-one Internet security product,
instead Surf protection blocks DNS request of all running programs by injecting its code. Haven't tried excluding Adguard though.
Sorry for the intrusion. Hope this helps. :)

Matto

Beta Tester
@TheHasagi

No need to turn off both WFP driver and "Intercept TCP connection requests" option. Either disable driver or leave it on and uncheck the option.
View attachment 15758View attachment 15759

As far as I know Emsisoft hasn't used network filter since they discontinued their all-in-one Internet security product,
instead Surf protection blocks DNS request of all running programs by injecting its code. Haven't tried excluding Adguard though.
Sorry for the intrusion. Hope this helps. :)
There's not a way to block an actual program in surf protection as far as I can tell. It runs off of url or ip.