Weird headers on websites with AdGuard, picture enclosed

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
I've only noticed it with that site, macrumors.com . Very weird, that website also runs VERY slowly if adguard is enabled. Honestly I've stopped using adguard as it seems to slow Microsoft Edge down a lot, especially forum sites. But that site is the worst, with adguard enabled it's painfully slow.

Screenshot (8).png

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
I just checked my filters:
User
English
Russian
German
Wiltteri
Adblock Polskie reguly

I haven't changed anything and nothing is custom, just whatever adguard installed or suggested.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@spinedoc777
It doesn't reproduce for me. I tested this in Edge with the same filters on the same website - no result.

Although you said you didn't change anything in settings, please tell anyway if by any chance Stealth Mode is enabled (if yes, what options exactly?).

Also, do you have any other programs (like antiviruses) that can possibly interfere with traffic?

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
Yes stealth is on:
Enabled: stealth mode, hide search queries, send do not track header, remove x-client data header, block webrtc, block location api, hide your referrer from third parties, hide your ip address.

I only run windows Defender. I also run Adblocker edge extension concurrently, but have turned it off and still get the same result.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@spinedoc777 is there any stable way to reproduce it? Maybe I should first sign in and post something to macrumors or something like that?

I guess we need to get debug-level log to find the root cause of this issue.

Could you please collect it for us?

Here is what to do:
1. Tray menu -> advanced -> logging level -> set to debug
2. Reproduce the issue
3. Compress the logs directory (https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/23/10/how-can-i-get-adguard-log-files)
4. Sent it to devteam directly (devteam at adguard.com)

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
@avatar I really hope this issue is fixed. It seems that you guys have already take a look into it, is it that this issue has low priority?

I've found another website where I can stably reproduce the issue.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Visit http://search.daum.net/search?w=tot&DA=YZR&t__nil_searchbox=btn&sug=&sugo=&q=+
2. Press refresh button several times until the issue appears. It does not appear every time, but almost certainly once in 50 times.

I've sent a compressed log file to devteam at adguard.com. While recording the log, I tried refreshing the page above like 20 times, and the issue appeared, and then I changed the loggin level to default.

Last edited:

Hrold-Finch

Hello :)

If it can help :

No website is loading (like if I weren't connected), if I refresh sometimes I have pictures like that or those caracteres.
It happens since the latest Win10 preview (installed this morning) : Build 14942.rs_prerelease.161003-1929

Thank you for your support

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Known issue, WFP drivers are broken in the latest Insider Preview. Disable the WFP driver and it'll work (you'll lose Edge filtering).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It seems that you guys have already take a look into it, is it that this issue has low priority?
Yeah, it is low priority indeed. Your example is the only UTF-16 websites I know:)

I've found another website where I can stably reproduce the issue.
This one looks like the original issue @spinedoc777 has, thank you!

Bug report:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/1311

I've sent a compressed log file to devteam at adguard.com. While recording the log, I tried refreshing the page above like 20 times, and the issue appeared, and then I changed the loggin level to default.
Can't find your email, could you please resend it here on the forum?