WFP Network Driver??

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by steve1209, Jun 18, 2014.

1. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi All,

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using the WFP Network Driver? I've been testing with it ticked, should I also test with it unticked? Just curious...

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Well, it's up to you. But there *may* be incompatibilities with anti-virus/internet security suites though. The advantage to using the WFP driver is being able to filter Internet Explorer 64-bit with Enhanced Protected Mode enabled and Metro IE on Windows 8.x.

3. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Boo Berry,

It seems you are telling me, I should NOT be using this WFP Network driver on my Win 7 X64 system. as it seems something for Win 8 X64, am I reading that correctly?

4. Boo Berry

Like I said, it's up to you. If you do try it and notice any issues (websites not loading, website errors, etc.) report them so avatar can look into the potential incompatibility.

5. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

OK,

Well, I just ticked the filter and rebooted so hopefully everything is working, it seems to be, I'll let the forum know, Thank you as always Boo Berry much appreciated!

6. Boo Berry

No problem! :)