What causes Adguard to block my internet connection?

Chia

Same thing happening to me, y have an OP5 with oxygen Beta 35, not rooted. Before last actualization (of AG) AdGuard worked fine... And now, everything is blocked. I have already tried each one of the proposed solutions posted here and nothing works. Any help, please?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like you met this problem.

Please specify if your connection is completely blocked when protection is turned on, or sometimes the connection disappears.
For example, when switching to the mobile Internet from Wi/Fi?

Momowho

That solution posted in that ticket didn't work for me. Happens during a WiFi to radio and also if I lose radio. Others should also report if it failed for them.

Chia

Looks like you met this problem.

Please specify if your connection is completely blocked when protection is turned on, or sometimes the connection disappears.
For example, when switching to the mobile Internet from Wi/Fi?

I mean, any connection. When Adguard is enabled, my phone can't acces internet. Neither at wifi or movile data (4G) it doesn't conect. I have already change filters and nothing seams to work. Conection completely blocked.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Chia
Try to change DNS server in settings(Also change the Server type)
If the problem persists, please record the full log and send me a PM(And specify the time of the incident).

zeroxxx

Having this issue today.

With Android One phones, this issue never existed. Before that, I used Xiaomi and had the same issue. Recently though, I migrated to another phone - Realme 5 Pro (Pie) and this is starting up again. I used Adguard DNS as my DNS server. Trying to change it now to Cloudflare TLS and will see the result.

Please fix this. It's infuriating.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@zeroxxx
Hello!

Yesterday we were working on some AdGuard DNS servers.
Could you clarify now everything works correctly?

zeroxxx

@zeroxxx
Hello!

Yesterday we were working on some AdGuard DNS servers.
Could you clarify now everything works correctly?
No, still randomly broken. I don't know what else to look. Tried disabling Adguard DNS and Stealth Mode but no dice. As long as Adguard is on, it will fail eventually.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@zeroxxx

Please follow these steps:
- Open AdGuard Settings > advanced > logging level > record everything
- Try to catch the issue
- Collect log files and send them to PM

zeroxxx

@zeroxxx

Please follow these steps:
- Open AdGuard Settings > advanced > logging level > record everything
- Try to catch the issue
- Collect log files and send them to PM
Will do. Switched to record everything now and I'm using my full Adguard setup. Will send you logs when the issue starts.

I didn't see your message before sending my Email ticket: 1639523 Sorry about this double message

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, thanks
I transferred the log files to the developers.
Now we will wait for their recommendation :)

hanni2301

I was reading this and followed the steps you already posted in this thread, but on the Note 10 (Android 9) of my father, the internet connection will get cut randomly after some hours of use or standby. No energy saving options switched to on.

I logged the problem twice, so i send you a small log file via pm, the larger one is sended by mail id: 2485597

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the information provided. I handed over the archive you collected to our development team.

hanni2301

And for the first time my personal smartphone stoped getting an internet connection because of adguard (because as I toggled adguard twice (from on to off and on again) I received all my missing mails and instand refresh of the webpage I wanted to visit.).

My device: LG V30 H930 on Android 9 non root November 19 security patch.

Adguard 3.3.1

I can not imagine that I something at my internet connection (wifi at home) changed, because that is constant for years now without any issue.

I flashed a week ago my smartphone with newest softwarebuild, bit it worked since than normally. I only suggest that I installed than the version 3.3.1 and were on an earlier version of adguard before last week. But I'm not sure about that one.

But even than, it worked 8 days without an issue on 3.3.1

On GitHub someone posted 2 days ago that I could be because of ipv6. I don't thin so, because ipv6 is disabled on my router since ever I was sure connected to this router as I lost the connection.

What I changed 12h before the connection loss:
I entered a IMAP synchronisation for my student mail account in Gmail App.
As the internet connection get lost my phone wasn't in use for around 1 h.

I hope you will find something in the rich amount of log files we shared with you.

Greets from Germany

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@hanni2301

We are now actively engaged in finding solutions to this issue.
If you want to send more logs with the reproduced situation.
Please do not forget to specify the time when the problem occurred.