What's blocked on current page that shown ? I want to know

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (Browser Extensions)' started by yigido, Apr 27, 2014.

1. yigido

yigido Translator

Hello Adguard Team and Developers,

I am using Adguard extension on my Opera browser. Good to you! You are listening your users wishes :)

I have a wish. I want to see whats blocked on current site that shown. (Trackers, ads etc.) Adguard extension only shows me number of blocked items.
    Maybe it is not enough for me. I want to know who want to track me :cool: This extension can do this for me.

Thanks for interested in it.
    Best Regards
    yigido

2. yigido

yigido Translator

Thank you for considering this, I am very happy. :mad:

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi!

You can see what was blocked exactly in Adguard's Filtering log (link to log is at the bottom of Settings page).

4. JWW

JWW New Member

....yes, but only if you choose to send stats for filter usage. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your privacy policy but I don't agree that you should only the user to see what is blocked if they choose this option. With that in mind I suggest you take a leaf out of Ghostery's book and allow the user to see details of blocked elements, scripts, cookies etc in the browser extension UI. The added advantage of that is that if blocking any one element causes a problem on a web page, the user is empowered, if they wish, to 'fix it' on a DIY basis. That is the only thing I miss from Ghostery - I consider your extension to be more effective otherwise, thus my 5 star review on the Web Store.

EDIT: Also, the log only works if you actually have it open in a tab while accessing (or refreshing) a page. At least that's how it is with the Chrome extension.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  5. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That's right - log works if you open its page.
    It has nothing to do with "Send statistics" option, log is not stored and not used.

What for your feature request, we also want to add a feature like this, but I cannot give you an ETA yet.

6. JWW

JWW New Member

First off - apologies! Stupid of me not to work that out!

Secondly - great, glad you're considering the 'feature request'. It would make it a very 'complete' product.

7. jeffhere

jeffhere New Member

I agree...just posted similar request (did not see as a title) to enable as option collection of filter info, without having to open up the tab for it... Thanks!