Why does AdGuard keep turning on after turning it off?

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
The problem is that running or stopping a Windows service requires Administrator privileges.

Adguard's UI, in turn, runs under your user account and does not have Admin privileges by default. So, if we want to stop or start the windows service, we will have to pop up with a UAC dialog window requiring necessary access rights.

Why do we need windows service in the first place? In order to properly work in multi-user environment. When one user exists Adguard, it does not mean AG should be stopped for the second user.

Yup, it makes sense. Something like a dialog window asking if you want to exit AG completely or not?
Yes that sounds like a possible solution!

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When trying to connect a desktop app (Enpass) with my Google Drive I kept getting a "cannot connect" webpage.
We couldn't reproduce the problem Please send a screenshot of the error, and also list your enabled filters and Stealth Mode options (if any are enabled).

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
Another issue is when securely accessing my personal health insurance, I can login but everything is blank unless I disable the Adguard service. I also found a new one today, when logged into my router (Netgear R6400) I can't see the advanced tab at all if adguard is running in the background, once again have to completely exit out of the service.

In regards to logs, I'm sure I can figure it out but my PC does have sensitive patient information on it and I don't know if it will have any issues with HIPAA compliance, I will run it by my compliance officer.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@spinedoc777 for the router it should be pretty easy - just add to the User filter the following rule:
Code:
@@||192.168.1.1^$document
or whatever address you use to access its settings.

As for the health insurance website, it's all the same - if there are no or close to no ads, you can add it to exclusions (and if the website is HTTPs, which I assume it is, to the HTTPs exclusions in Adguard settings). Otherwise, we do need logs to understand what's going on.