Why don't you change the name of the "filter unblocking useful ads"?

worldsdream

Beta Tester
see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Wv0WBU2.png

You can see from the screenshot, there is just one not really in line with all the other filter names.
Everything ends with "filter", only the "Filter for useful ads" is not.

Wouldn't it fit more in the Adguard aesthetic and rename it from:

"Filter for useful ads" --> "Useful ads filter"?

or you can rename it, Acceptable ads filter ? Just like in adguard extension.

Would like to hear from you!

Last edited:

for_adguard

Beta Tester
see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Wv0WBU2.png

You can see from the screenshot, there is just one not really in line with all the other filter names.
Everything ends with "filter", only the "unblocking useful ads" is not.

Wouldn't it fit more in the Adguard aesthetic and rename it from:

"Filter unblocking useful ads" --> "Unblocking useful ads filter"?

Would like to hear from you!
It would be ok if they really change its name :)

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually the correct name for this filter now is 'Filter unblocking useful ads' (the name at adguard.com/filters.html will be updated soon). Its name is indeed not unified with many other filters, but this filter is kind of 'unique', since it unblocks rather than blocks something. Therefore, it has to be clear about what it does. This is why we put it like that - not the most pretty one, but easily understandable.

oldgreg

Actually the correct name for this filter now is 'Filter unblocking useful ads' (the name at adguard.com/filters.html will be updated soon). Its name is indeed not unified with many other filters, but this filter is kind of 'unique', since it unblocks rather than blocks something. Therefore, it has to be clear about what it does. This is why we put it like that - not the most pretty one, but easily understandable.
I find the terminology confusing also.

I think you are saying this "filter" is an automated whitelisting thing. That it lets particular kinds of ads through?

Note that I am here searching because I recently did a significant number of uninstalls/reinstalls and now have ads showing in places that used to be clean. I'm guessing I missed something in the AdGuard prefs ---