Windows 10: AdGuard suddenly fails to connect

randomusername

Beta Tester
Since my upgrade to Windows 10, Adguard always starts in "Yellow mode", I need to open the window manually and click "Connect" for it to load properly.
Is that a known issue?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Since my upgrade to Windows 10, Adguard always starts in "Yellow mode", I need to open the window manually and click "Connect" for it to load properly.
Is that a known issue?
Odd, that doesn't happen here - it always connects on boot except once in a blue moon. Hopefully this is one of the issues fixed in the next v6 build hopefully out this week.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'm not on v6 yet, in fact I just saw it... :)
I'll try tomorrow, thanks.
I'd recommend holding off until it's at least in the beta stage (as it's currently an alpha). In my testing last month the latest v5.10 build worked fine on Windows 10 too. Have you tried fully uninstalling and reinstall Adguard?

randomusername

Beta Tester
Oh, OK. :)

No, not yet, too much trouble with Windows 10 left to fix... ;)

I guess it's a problem with Adguard not being able to detect my internet connection. Makes me wonder.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, OK. :)

No, not yet, too much trouble with Windows 10 left to fix... ;)

I guess it's a problem with Adguard not being able to detect my internet connection. Makes me wonder.
Check Adguard's windows service state when it cannot connect.

Maybe it cannot start for some reason?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
According to Adguard log there was no attempt to start AG windows service.

Are you sure it is set to automatic?

No record in windows log also. But there're lots of kernel errors. I can't say what is the initial cause of this yet.
I believe the simplest way to resolve it is to reinstall windows:)