Windows 10, Spartan and WPF

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Lastwebpage, Apr 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

Hello,
    somewhere in the WWW I found a sentence that I should enable the WPF setting in the Adguard settings for spartan, this setting should also prevent me from ads at other places in Windows 10, e.g. the app store.

I enabled this WPF settings and it works for spartan, I thought "fine".
    Until I open IE 11 and Chrome 42, no adguard any longer.

Is this correct?
    Either filter for adds in "Metro Apps" (incl. spartan) OR "normal" browsers?
    I overlook another setting?
    Is this a Windows 10 problem? (I haven't a PC to test Adguard on Windows 8)

Peter

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I think you meant WFP driver? In this case, yes, it is used mostly to filter traffic in Win 8 modern UI applications and IE. If you use any other browser, it is not recommended to enable WFP driver.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I have the WFP driver enabled in Windows 10 and its working fine for me in Spartan, Internet Explorer and Chrome. I also use it on Windows 8.1 with Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. and it works fine there too.

4. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

I also use only the WFP driver on Chrome Beta release and it works fine for me.

5. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

hmmmh... strange...
    If I enable it => No ads in Spartan, but in Chrome and IE 11
    if I disable it => Ads in Spartan, but not in Chroem and IE 11

I used Adguard 5.10.1164 and see in your configs that you use 2011/2012 I will update now and see if this is the reason.

6. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Maybe it's different in Win 10, although BB doesn't seem to think so, I only use Win 7 and WFP driver works just fine at least in Chrome Beta which is the only browser I use. I haven't even upgraded to IE11, still on IE10. I'm sure Avatar & Vasily will work it out for us quickly

7. Boo Berry

Try the latest beta found here: http://download.adguard.com/5/beta/setup.exe

Otherwise, it's still working fine on a clean installed Windows 10 x64 build 10049 in a virtual machine.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I just did another clean Windows 10 x64 10049 install. Installed the latest Adguard beta, enabled the WFP driver, rebooted and finally tested all the browsers (Project Spartan, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer) and filtering is working correctly in all three browsers. Are you using some sort of anti-malware software?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  8. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It is wrong to say that WFP driver won't work with other browsers, but we presume that something may go wrong. TDI, on the other hand, is a well-known technology that we are sure will work without any 'surprises'.

9. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

I updated to Revision 5.10.2010.6363 from 5.10.1164 , works now. My fault.

(I wonder why I get no update notification, but thats another question)

10. Boo Berry

Try running the beta installer again as there's been a few important updates since. As for why there's no update notifications, betas don't display them unless you're using a beta tester license.