[Windows 7 x64], [Version 6.2.437.2171], adgnetworktdidrv.sys, BSOD.

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by Pentlands, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

Hi,

A couple of days ago for the first time in a very long time my PC crashed to a BSOD, "adgnetworktdidrv.sys" appears to have been involved.

Having checked the file properties of adgnetworktdidrv.sys it appears this is an AdGuard file, are you aware of any issues?

If it helps i have copied the minidump file to another location and can upload it if it would help.

Capture.JPG

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What AV do you have?

3. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

Microsoft Security Essentials, also Malwarbytes Premium (current version 3.3.1)... sorry, i can't be specific about the build numbers when the BSOD occurred because they've since updated, that said, the minidump file that i still have may have that info.

4. avatar

We should re-test it on the newer beta version of AdGuard. It will bring a TDI driver update that *might* help.

5. avatar

ETA is 3 weeks btw.

6. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

I'm reading your posts above as their might be an issue with the TDI driver causing a BSOD? Would that be a correct assumption?

7. avatar

Yes, and that's basically what's printed on the screenshot. AG driver alone does not cause it, but in conjunction with some other network drivers, it might happen.

8. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

Thanks, as that was the first time I've had a BSOD i could attribute to AG in four years of being a beta tester i was somewhat surprised it happened... as you're aware of an issue i'll step back from this thread.

9. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

I know i said I'd step back, but....

I do hope so, a couple of days ago i had a second BSOD, this time it was tdx.sys, which according to the properties of the file in c:\windows\system32\drivers... is a "TDI translation Driver".

If it helps, i tracked down when my network driver was last updated, it was August 2017, tdx.sys reports it was last modified in July 2017, I'm still running AG for Windows 6.2.437.2171
    I haven't kept track of the AG releases and dates but it would suggest something has recently changed in AG for these crashes to be happening... for over 4 months i didn't have an issue and the only other common denominator appears to be AG.

Latest BSOD follows:
    Capture.JPG

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

And another BSOD, different Check Code this time, 0x3b, something to do with Firewire apparently?

Capture.JPG

11. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

Still happening, last time was two days ago, be interesting to see if 6.3 Beta build stops them.

Capture.JPG

12. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

It hopefully should, 6.3 will have an updated TDI network driver.

13. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

I updated today to version 6.3.974.3223, i don't recall seeing anything about an updated TDI driver in the release notes, anyways...

'avatar' said back in January there would be an updated TDI driver released sometime in February that would fix this issue yet they keep happening, i live in hope with every new release! lol

For me, it's not really a big deal because the BSOD's rarely happen and a simple reboot is all that's required, a price to pay for beta testing I'm happy to pay.

Needless to say, i will post here again if it happens again but due to the nature of this it isn't possible to forcibly replicate so you may or may not ever hear from me again on this matter! ;)

14. Boo Berry

If BSODs are still happening while running the 6.3 beta build, @avatar or @vasily_bagirov will probably want to know ASAP.

15. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

In that case, if it happens again i will immediately post... so far with 6.3 it hasn't happened but i only upgraded to 6.3 a few hours ago.

16. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

BTW, i don't have nightly builds enabled, todays update to 6.3 came via the taskbar icon notification exclamation mark that signals an update is available.

Previously i was on the latest 6.2 beta release.

17. Boo Berry

18. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

I noticed it isn't on the Forum yet, i was a bit surprised by that, didn't stop the software alerting me that 6.3 is available with an option to update though ;)

19. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

20. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

Sadly it appears it isn't fixed :(

I had my first BSOD with AdGuard 6.3 yesterday:

Capture.JPG