[*][Windows App]Edge start page ads

Infinityzzz23

@Blaz I hope you are having nice day. There is another issue now. Whenever I open Microsoft Edge, below there are some news and there are some ads with the label ad. Same configuration as before. I badfiltered the generichide rule but it didn't solve the problem. Please have a look. To reproduce, you have open Microsoft Edge, then refresh the tab. You should the ads.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Are you connecting from USA or a different country? Main page gets different content based of IP address origin.

EDIT: Moved to new topic.
I posted a possible rule over at github:

Last edited:

Infinityzzz23

Thanks.
The rule you have suggested works. But it's very laggy right now, the scrolling is not that smooth and my CPU is running a bit higher than usual because of it.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Yep, have to wait for a colleague's opinion (I explained possible lag over at github).

Infinityzzz23

Thank you.
I will wait until your colleague has replied. Make sure to knock me again when you have found a better fix.
By the way, I have seen that sometimes Ads are inserted in Twitch streams. Is there any workaround for that? You might want to test with different IP's.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Twitch is nearly unfixable. Only workarounds until Twitch fixes them.

Infinityzzz23

I think I have another problem now. There is a card with blank space where the ads were. For example, If you click the arrow, if brings you to another card. Can that be removed?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I guess you are using the new rule from my colleague. Please post a screenshot which arrow you are talking about exactly.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
You seem to use a rule by my colleague as this only happens for me when I use one of those (though better than laggy JS rule).
That element would have to be removed by JS rule (hiding not working) and then site would be likely laggy when they have several sliders when scrolling down.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Blank ad spaces are more difficult to fix, so will take some time