Windows Mobile 10 Version

Wurstsalat

If you looking for some beta testers...just let me ( ;) ) know.

Really looking forward to see your solution on Windows Mobile, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uru

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, here is an update on this topic.

Good news is that MS will share VPN documentation with us. The documentation we need is not public and it's nearly impossible to do anything without it.
Bad news is that it seems we won't be able to push the app to the Windows Store.

So here is our plan: we will make a simple prototype and see how it goes and how many windows mobile users are out there:)

Paolo

Hey guys, here is an update on this topic.

Good news is that MS will share VPN documentation with us. The documentation we need is not public and it's nearly impossible to do anything without it.
Bad news is that it seems we won't be able to push the app to the Windows Store.

So here is our plan: we will make a simple prototype and see how it goes and how many windows mobile users are out there:)
Good.
Can the "app" still be "Sideloaded" (through "Developer" options in Settings)?

Can't wait to try a first version ;)

Paolo

i +1 this project ^^
I would only to add that I'm using the new Adguard Edge Extension for Windows 10 PC (14393.693, Production), and it's GREAT.
It's the lightest, fastest and more stable ad-blocking extension on Windows Store right now (even better than uBlock Origin for Edge).

I really hope to see Adguard Edge extension on Windows 10 Mobile too in the future.
Porting the already available PC version to Mobile would not be so difficult as Windows Store is really the same on W10 PC and Mobile now.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Porting the already available PC version to Mobile would not be so difficult as Windows Store is really the same on W10 PC and Mobile now.
Harder than you think actually, as Adguard for Windows is not a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app so it can't just be ported to Windows 10 Mobile.

If I recall correctly reading, the required VPN stuff needed for a Adguard for Windows 10 Mobile app didn't make it into the Anniversary Update, and they're waiting to see when the Creator's Update lands to see if a Windows 10 Mobile version of Adguard is still viable. If not, they may need to wait until Redstone 3.

It'd be a lot better if the Windows 10 Mobile version of Edge supported extensions, then it should be possible to get the Edge browser extension working there.

Paolo

Harder than you think actually, as Adguard for Windows is not a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app so it can't just be ported to Windows 10 Mobile.

If I recall correctly reading, the required VPN stuff needed for a Adguard for Windows 10 Mobile app didn't make it into the Anniversary Update, and they're waiting to see when the Creator's Update lands to see if a Windows 10 Mobile version of Adguard is still viable. If not, they may need to wait until Redstone 3.

It'd be a lot better if the Windows 10 Mobile version of Edge supported extensions, then it should be possible to get the Edge browser extension working there.
Yeah, I was referring to port W10 PC Edge extension to W10 Mobile (when Microsoft will enable extensions on Mobile too). It would be a lot easier, especially considering that Adguard Edge extension already performs great on PC.

Unfortunately, MS hinted at Edge extensions on Mobile almost 2 years ago, but never talked about it again.
So, for now, the only hope remain to bring the VPN version (somehow, even if more difficult)