Working with exception rules (specific link)

korni

I am trying to understand how I can provide an exception to a website, but I'm failing to create the correct rules. The link below is from am email newsletter, and although it's a redirect, my partner wants to be able to follow it to the content.

The said link is the following:
Code:
https://encyclopaediabritannica.apms5.com/anywhere/m?s=encyclopaediabritannica&m=s_325b6d7f-66c1-4060-a1cc-24d5e23b6da1&u=e1jq4wvfdtfkcd1t64u44d1n5n13ee9t5mu44da65n132h9n5n138h9r84uk2hhp6guk2&r2=d1u78w3k78qjyxvqewq64wk9ehgpwvk9cdgjwrvfdmqpyvhdehm6jwtdchgqjbu4cnhpavb2cnt2uchp7xuq8vazdnjp8ubndmypavb1d5p2cxbmdnfq6vvne9hpafbfehj2cxbmdnfp6vveehjpwx1xctjp2x3ne9jp8bb2d5qjcxbmdnfp6rbde1gpjtve7nqq8t1j60t32b9h68pk4dg&n=20
So far, I have tried the following exceptions for both content blocking and DNS blocking as per the knowledge base, but I am still unable to open the link (appreciate that it's a redirect).

Code:
@@||apms5.com$stealth,important
@@||encyclopaediabritannica.apms5.com$stealth,important
@@||encyclopaediabritannica.apms5.com$document,important
@@||fastgull.io$stealth,important
Can anyone shed some light to what I am doing wrong?

PS. Apologies, I posted on the wrong forum. How can I move the thread?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
DNS user filter:
Code:
@@||encyclopaediabritannica.apms5.com^
DNS must be one which is not doing any blocking, e.g. Google

What is the supposed content after the redirect?

korni

Thanks. Unfortunately this still doesn't work.

The content after the redirect is meant to be a page on Britannica site:
Code:
https://www.britannica.com/on-this-day/December-26?utm_medium=email&utm_source=otd&utm_content=featured-bio&utm_campaign=otd2021-12-26

korni

Thanks Blaz, now I understand what you meant. Switching to the Google DNS does indeed allow the website when the user rule is active.

Does this mean that user rules are not applicable to the AdGuard DNS overall? And I suspect the downside of this is that we only get content blocked as per the enabled lists, but not DNS blocking that AdGuard provides. Is there any other downside on using Google DNS server?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
AdGuard still does DNS blocking that way. DNS is using that DNS filter.