Xperia 1 II very slow connection, especially on 4G

JonasV91

Hello there!

I'm using AdGuard with my brand new non-rooted Sony Xperia 1 II and I noticed a very bad connection while using 4G. I suppose there is a an uncertain reception somehow but I never had it this bad. The issue was solved as soon as I shut down AdGuard.

Since the device is non-rooted (and not planning to since there are known issues with this), AdGuard is working via VPN. AdGuard did work somehow but it's not usable if there is such a bad connection.

Is there a way to adjust this in order to use AdGuard and mobile internet together? May there be a possible to only use AdGuard on Wi-Fi, most of the purpose is gone that way but still...

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!

Are you using DNS protection feature?
If yes you should try to switch another DNS server or disable this function for the test.

JonasV91

That feature was on indeed. It's off now and it seems workable again. Does this influence the amount of blocked items? I mean, it's already low since it's not blocking in-app.

I'm not planning to root the phone since it would compromise the integrity of the camera(software) somehow and also other apps such as banking and so.