Yahoo Mail right ad placeholder

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Like Outlook, can a rule be added to the filters that will remove the blank ad placeholder on the right side of mail.yahoo.coml? Of course there are userscripts that'll do this but I'd rather do it with a filter rule. Plus Yahoo Mail users will probably appreciate it being removed by default too. ;)

Thanks!

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this rule:
Code:
mail.yahoo.com#$#div[id="shellcontent"] { right: 0px!important; }

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Maybe we should move it to "Custom rules" section?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I moved the topics. :) Unfortunately though the Yahoo Mail filter doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Default theme. I think the issue is because I'm using a 1440p monitor or something like that. Can the rest of the userscript be ported over in filter rules? I can then narrow which one(s) is needed to make it work correctly for me.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Default theme. I think the issue is because I'm using a 1440p monitor or something like that. Can the rest of the userscript be ported over in filter rules? I can then narrow which one(s) is needed to make it work correctly for me.
Try these rules:
Code:
#$#.panescroll #toolbar { right:0 !important; }
#$#.pc.panescroll #shellnavigation, .pc.panescroll #theAd, .pc.panescroll #shellcontent { top: 0px !important; }
#$##main, #yucs, #yuhead-bucket { max-width: 2560px !important; }

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Okay, adding all rules is what made it work perfectly.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

And the rules work fine (modified them by adding mail.yahoo.com to each rule) in the browser extensions. They could be also added to the filters if they're all working for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sure, why not. Filters update will be available in 10 minutes.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Groovy. I'll keep these two topics open as a way to also inform when both sites make changes which breaks the filter rules (it happens from time to time).