Yandex Webbrowser and the buildin adguard extension.

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Lastwebpage, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

Hello,
    I don't understand Russian and I can't find any english forum, because of this I ask this here.

I use adguard 5.10 and I test the new Yandex beta at the moment. I am impressed and the browser works very well.

1) yandex.browser is in the adguard browser list and I can see the green icon in the browser. I assume adguard work, because I see no adds.
    What about the 3 yandex extensions settings->"Internet security", flash banners, WOT and adguard should I enable this 3 settings or not?
    (This 3 settings are disabled at the moment)

2) If I not have adguard installed already, the yandex.browser would install adguard or is this function like the kasperky file scanner within yandex, an on demand online scanner?

Peter

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello!

Do you use beta or alpha?

They have just released alpha version with absolutely new UI:
    http://screencast.com/t/iFo6nwIbH

It's up to you. Yandex.Browser includes Adguard browser extension but it's not the same thing as a standalone version.
    Also Adguard extension integrates with a standalone version. You can use it for blocking ads manually (filters will be added to standalone version).

As I've said, Yandex.Browser includes our browser extension.
    It is different from standalone version but it also able to block ads good.

3. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

Sorry, yes, I mean the Alpha with the new GUI.

Thanks for the info, I will stay with the standalone version.